Need some help. Doing some research on CB

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for? Go ahead and post here.
MightyMo
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: Cobra 29 and 25

Need some help. Doing some research on CB

Post by MightyMo »

Hi all.

I'm currently in collage going after a degree in Electronics Engineering Technology. For one of my classes I need to do a research paper on something related to my degree. CB radios are what got me interested in the world of electronics so I thought I'd do it on the laws for CB radio.

Would you pleas follow the link to a quick 9 question survey.

http://www.questionpro.com/t/ANuvlZa4XB

The purpose of my paper is to find a problem and develop a solution that theoretically could be proposed to solve the problem. This is all theoretical so I'm not planning on submitting it to the FCC or anything. Don't worry. I'm not going to stir the pot or "get the wrong kind of attention".

If there is anything else you think I should include, feel free to leave it here on this thread and/or in the last question of the survey.

Thanks in advance, :alien:

-Mighty Mo.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: Need some help. Doing some research on CB

Post by MDYoungblood »

Hi Mighty Mo,
I would be glad to take a survey but the site you are using is a little shaking in my research of them but not enough for me to delete the url. If you are looking in getting members help you should use the forum's poll format in a new topic and compile the info from there.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
MightyMo
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by MightyMo »

Thanks, MDYoungblood. I didn't realize I could create a poll in the forum. I'll give it a shot. What do you mean the sight is a little shaky?
MightyMo
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by MightyMo »

So I just tried to create a poll. As far as I can tell, I can only ask one question. The poll in the link has 9 questions. Is there a way to do multiple questions on a poll? I guess I could create a new topic for each of my questions, but that doesn't seem very practical.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

I was just suggesting that and creating 9 polls or more on the subject wouldn't be a problem. I would number them to make it easy for you.
When I looked at the site you want to use, it collects data from the IP that opens the window which wouldn't be a problem for the average user but some have information they just don't want to share. I am surprised at the company's that they say use it don't have a problem either or don't know they are used as a reference. Using this forum's polling feature would make it autonomous to any outside info collecting agency. JMO.

3's

Greg

MightyMo
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by MightyMo »

Ok. Fair enough. My professor gave us a list of sights that create polls for free. I intentionally got one that did not require the responder to enter their email address. I didn't think about IP address. Thanks for the suggestion and heads up.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

I would ask your professor if the school pays for the polling sites to lets you use them for free, if not the word "free" is what you need to watch. Being "Free" , they have to make some kind of supporting funds, most times it's selling your information they gather, if the school pays for these sites then they shouldn't need to sell your collected info legally, then again they might, kind of a "Catch 22".
I'm not writing this to stop any of the members to participating but to let them be aware.

3's

Greg

MightyMo
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by MightyMo »

I'm fairly positive the school does not pay for it. My professor really doesn't care what we use (on the list or otherwise) the list was just to make things easy on us. A couple sites on the list didn't even work anymore so its obvious it the sites weren't specifically selected.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

I see you made several posts on the forum and will use that to help you with your studies, I also urge other members to help you out.

3's

Greg