Limit to Signature size.

Want to suggest a group, or additional features for site?

Moderators: Bozo, JR Moderator

HI-TECH
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Referrals: 1

Limit to Signature size.

Post by HI-TECH » Tuesday, 26 June 2007, 14:45 PM

ok i have an idea i wanna throw out there.. dont know if its been discussed allredy but.. some peoples sigs are just way to much multiple images staked on each other it makes it hard to even look for what there reply was.. i sugest a cap on the size like a 500w x 200H to keep the eyesores down and make it all even.. i made a test sig so you guys can see the size i'm talking about

-------------------------------------------------------

BigBopper
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by BigBopper » Tuesday, 26 June 2007, 19:55 PM

I have to agree, a while back I was told my sig was too long (one line) so it was taken down,,,

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin
Radio: General Lee
Antenna: Monkey Made MM6
Name: James W
Cell Phone: (208) 845-0004
Referrals: 699

Re: sigs....

Post by Bozo » Tuesday, 26 June 2007, 21:03 PM

HI-TECH wrote:ok i have an idea i wanna throw out there.. dont know if its been discussed allredy but.. some peoples sigs are just way to much multiple images staked on each other it makes it hard to even look for what there reply was.. i sugest a cap on the size like a 500w x 200H to keep the eyesores down and make it all even.. i made a test sig so you guys can see the size i'm talking about

let me do some brain storming, and i will have time in 2 weeks to look into it... thanks hi tech, good idea
Admin - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there. Be sure to tell them you saw their name on The CB Radio Talk Forum. Please use our contact us link in the menu if you are ether having registration issues, or need help with logging in. Otherwise please utilize our "Talk to Admin" forum to address your other concerns.
Support our fine sponsors!
Sign Guestbook

Phaze91460
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Phaze91460 » Wednesday, 27 June 2007, 8:28 AM

Yup, that would be a good idea. Some of um are too big.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Radio: Uniden/Icom/Cobra

Post by 231 » Wednesday, 27 June 2007, 20:18 PM

Yep...some of them are getting carried away. Good idea Hi-Tech. ;)

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bozo » Wednesday, 27 June 2007, 21:53 PM

i had a couple minutes tonight... it has been done... the allowed maximum size of all Signatures (500 Height x 450 Width in pixels)
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there. Be sure to tell them you saw their name on The CB Radio Talk Forum. Please use our contact us link in the menu if you are ether having registration issues, or need help with logging in. Otherwise please utilize our "Talk to Admin" forum to address your other concerns.
Sign Guestbook

HI-TECH
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by HI-TECH » Wednesday, 27 June 2007, 23:43 PM

sweet!!!.... if you want i can sticky an anouncement for everyone to read
-------------------------------------------------------

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bozo » Thursday, 28 June 2007, 0:17 AM

how about if we just move this to suggestions...
Sign Guestbook

oknaz
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by oknaz » Thursday, 28 June 2007, 0:41 AM

I don't even have a sig so i'm not worried about it

JerryH
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by JerryH » Thursday, 28 June 2007, 5:23 AM

I have to agree.

Anytime I see a 1 line post, but the message takes up over 1/2 of my 22" LCD at a 1680 X 1050 resolution, I find it annoying as heck. :?

JerryH
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by JerryH » Thursday, 28 June 2007, 5:26 AM

Sorry... I see that we are still not allowed to edit our own posts (another annoying thing)... but the new proposed 500 Height x 450 Width in pixels is still too large by at least 50-60 % IMHO. We are still using up 50% of ONE SINGLE SCREEN just to see one post? That's no improvement.

Might I suggest a general forum standard of something more reasonable like 100 high by 350 wide? That way we can see more than 1-2 messages per full screen.

JerryH
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by JerryH » Thursday, 28 June 2007, 5:33 AM

Since we are in suggestion mode (lol) ... the fact that there is a forced "commercial" between each and every message is massive overkill. Place one at the top, one at the bottom, end of commercials. The need to have advertisements in between each and every message is also something I find very annoying. There are a limited number of sponsors, and each one gets seen clearly and repeatedly by using the top/bottom method.

It will not create more sales by showing them over and over again in between each and every message posted on the forum here. Kinda like trying to watch a very good TV show that gets interrupted every few minutes by a commercial that we've seen a million times already. It doesn't make me want to purchase he product... it makes me annoyed and mad that I am forced to look at it over and over. ;) :)

JerryH
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by JerryH » Thursday, 28 June 2007, 5:35 AM

... same thing with that "click here to become a sponsor". If someone wishes to become a sponsor, ONCE per single page is more than enough. Anything else tales up screen real estate uselessly.

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bozo » Thursday, 28 June 2007, 9:48 AM

JerryH wrote:Sorry... I see that we are still not allowed to edit our own posts (another annoying thing)...
Once you get the rank of Duckplucker on the forum you will be able to edit your posts, if you would like it to be sooner, then make a donation of $10 or more to the forum, and you will get special rank, and access to hidden areas on the site... and you can edit your posts...

Thanks for the suggestion
Sign Guestbook

KG PackRat
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by KG PackRat » Thursday, 28 June 2007, 10:16 AM

I have to disagree. These sponsors give money so we can be here. If a few ads is what it takes to keep this great site going, then I don't see any problem with it. I do think some of the sigs are kind of big, but it doesn't bother me that much.

JerryH
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by JerryH » Thursday, 28 June 2007, 11:01 AM

KG PackRat wrote:I have to disagree. These sponsors give money so we can be here. If a few ads is what it takes to keep this great site going, then I don't see any problem with it. I do think some of the sigs are kind of big, but it doesn't bother me that much.
I have absolutely nothing against any sponsor here, many have some amazing feedback from clients... but what advantage does it make if I see their name 8 times per page versus once? I see no advantage, but I see the disadvantage of needing to scroll through 1-2 pages per thread because of nothing but commercials and adds to become a sponsor. If I want to purchase something from the sponsors, I already saw their link once at the top of the page or at the bottom, and can click it to purchase what I need. However if I have passed the advertisement once and not clicked it, it is because I have nothing to purchase from that vendor. Seeing it 7 more times will not change that... so why is everyone who is in the same boat, logically, forced to see them over and over? What is the reason and advantage? Most reasonable people will say that there is no advantage, and that would be the truth. There is, however, a disadvantage...

Ever watch TV where they play the same set of commercials over and over again? Did that make you want to purchase that product or do something else? For me, I just got annoyed with it over time and that left a negative impression of that commercial and that product and vendor in my mind. There are certain commercials that I cannot stand to watch, and literally change the channel for a few minutes until I know it has passed. Can anyone here admit to purchasing a product merely by watching it's ad over and over again? That's my point... not to remove the ads, no, the sponsors have paid for it and we benefit from them... but use them responsibly in amanner that promotes sales, not annoys and introduces negative feelings everytime they see that becuase they are forced to read it several times over, just to get through any and every single thread in this forum.

Ever notice that just to post one message, you are forced to look at 3 ads? 2 of which are the same. Thats one post... now add one more for EVERY post in any given thread. There are MORE ads here than posts!

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bozo » Thursday, 28 June 2007, 19:14 PM

JerryH wrote:Since we are in suggestion mode (lol) ... the fact that there is a forced "commercial" between each and every message is massive overkill. Place one at the top, one at the bottom, end of commercials. The need to have advertisements in between each and every message is also something I find very annoying. There are a limited number of sponsors, and each one gets seen clearly and repeatedly by using the top/bottom method.

It will not create more sales by showing them over and over again in between each and every message posted on the forum here. Kinda like trying to watch a very good TV show that gets interrupted every few minutes by a commercial that we've seen a million times already. It doesn't make me want to purchase he product... it makes me annoyed and mad that I am forced to look at it over and over. ;) :)
JerryH,

I believe in taking care of our sponsors, if I took down all the banners, then I would guarantee that I would either sell the site or take it down. I am sure that a few members don't like seeing the ads... but we have to give the sponsors what they need and really what they deserve. I know it is not only the sponsors that help me out though, and I am so thankful to the forum members for being so generous with the donations. I do take in consideration suggestions, and have implemented many of them for you all, but I am sorry that I will not be willing to loose the sponsors that we have, and we would if I took down the banners. So... hopefully you understand my thought process on that idea.

Thanks though... it never hurts to ask, and I think you did that just fine.
Sign Guestbook

Dakota
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by Dakota » Thursday, 28 June 2007, 19:57 PM

question: Is there an agreement with the sponsors that says that there has to be "Sponsor" signatures??? and this is due to the fact that I noticed that the sponsors are all listed on the main page in the "Gold Sponsor" area. Don't get me wrong...I don't mind one bit that the sponsor flags are part of the sigs. or even what size they are for that matter, I got use to them. Just trying to simplify things is all. :wink:

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bozo » Thursday, 28 June 2007, 20:02 PM

Dakota wrote:question: Is there an agreement with the sponsors that says that there has to be "Sponsor" signatures??? and this is due to the fact that I noticed that the sponsors are all listed on the main page in the "Gold Sponsor" area. Don't get me wrong...I don't mind one bit that the sponsor flags are part of the sigs. or even what size they are for that matter, I got use to them. Just trying to simplify things is all. :wink:
we actually got off the path of signatures... someone didn't like that we have sponsor banner between post, the topic was originally created to let you all know that we have implemented a size restriction on signatures... users can put sponsor links in their signature if they want to...
Sign Guestbook

Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: RCI 2950 and IC-7000
Name: Skylar
Home Phone: 2142430926

Post by 316 » Friday, 29 June 2007, 6:34 AM

Is my sig annoying?

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bozo » Friday, 29 June 2007, 7:26 AM

316 wrote:Is my sig annoying?
YES... VERY
Sign Guestbook

Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: RCI 2950 and IC-7000
Name: Skylar
Home Phone: 2142430926

Post by 316 » Friday, 29 June 2007, 19:50 PM

Well, I apologize

Phaze91460
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Phaze91460 » Friday, 29 June 2007, 22:26 PM

Yup, 316, yer just gona have to take it down !

zman350
Donor
Donor

Re: Limit to Signature size.

Post by zman350 » Sunday, 15 February 2009, 12:06 PM

this new look is hard to get use to.lol
my girlfriend ask me to choose between her and cb radio,i told that *&**& that i had made tougher decisions at the coke machine.

(Link removed by Bozo - Non Sponsor Link)

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Limit to Signature size.

Post by Bozo » Sunday, 15 February 2009, 12:11 PM

zman350 wrote:this new look is hard to get use to.lol
we are still working on it... something to get use to... definately!
Sign Guestbook

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic