Regional Forums?

Want to suggest a group, or additional features for site?

Moderators: Bozo, JR Moderator

LiveWire113
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Regional Forums?

Post by LiveWire113 » Monday, 01 October 2007, 15:06 PM

I'm new here so sorry if this has been brought up before. Other forums I use (non-CB related) have regional forums where people can post events in their region or just have a more localized audience to pose questions to (help setting up a tower, what channels to meet on, etc). Just curious if it would be possible to set up something like that here.

Mike

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin
Radio: General Lee
Antenna: Monkey Made MM6
Name: James W
Cell Phone: (208) 845-0004
Referrals: 699

Re: Regional Forums?

Post by Bozo » Monday, 01 October 2007, 18:00 PM

LiveWire113 wrote:I'm new here so sorry if this has been brought up before. Other forums I use (non-CB related) have regional forums where people can post events in their region or just have a more localized audience to pose questions to (help setting up a tower, what channels to meet on, etc). Just curious if it would be possible to set up something like that here.

Mike
could you provide me with a little bit more detail of what you would like added... sounds like you want addtl forums for help with tower set up?
Admin - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there. Be sure to tell them you saw their name on The CB Radio Talk Forum. Please use our contact us link in the menu if you are ether having registration issues, or need help with logging in. Otherwise please utilize our "Talk to Admin" forum to address your other concerns.
Support our fine sponsors!
Sign Guestbook

drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx » Monday, 01 October 2007, 18:19 PM

Wait a minute, you guys aren't all in Texas? -drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all *Censored*, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bozo » Monday, 01 October 2007, 18:23 PM

drdx wrote:Wait a minute, you guys aren't all in Texas? -drdx
nope, i am in idaho
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there. Be sure to tell them you saw their name on The CB Radio Talk Forum. Please use our contact us link in the menu if you are ether having registration issues, or need help with logging in. Otherwise please utilize our "Talk to Admin" forum to address your other concerns.
Sign Guestbook

LiveWire113
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by LiveWire113 » Monday, 01 October 2007, 18:39 PM

Bozo wrote:
could you provide me with a little bit more detail of what you would like added... sounds like you want addtl forums for help with tower set up?
I'm suggesting a "Regional Forums" forum with several subforums of different regions in the US and/or other countries. For example, I live in Maryland; one of the subforums could be "Mid-Atlantic" where people from PA, MD, WV, VA, and DC could talk about regional things that perhaps not everyone in one of the other forums might be interested in. What I meant by my tower example was that say I wanted to put up a large tower, I could ask for help (which would of course be repaid with beer and food) in the Mid-Atlantic forum and organize a date for the get together (this used to be pretty common in the HAM world). Another use would be setting up regional key-offs, etc. Tons of uses, this just lets it be more contained.

Mike

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bozo » Monday, 01 October 2007, 19:12 PM

LiveWire113 wrote:
Bozo wrote:
I'm suggesting a "Regional Forums" forum with several subforums of different regions in the US and/or other countries. For example, I live in Maryland; one of the subforums could be "Mid-Atlantic" where people from PA, MD, WV, VA, and DC could talk about regional things that perhaps not everyone in one of the other forums might be interested in. What I meant by my tower example was that say I wanted to put up a large tower, I could ask for help (which would of course be repaid with beer and food) in the Mid-Atlantic forum and organize a date for the get together (this used to be pretty common in the HAM world). Another use would be setting up regional key-offs, etc. Tons of uses, this just lets it be more contained.

Mike
cool deal, I will consider your request and put the idea to the other admin/mods for you... Thanks for the suggestion.
Sign Guestbook

drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx » Monday, 01 October 2007, 19:28 PM

I'm a fan of the big Boise area. A couple of years ago, I checked into the Marriott towntown for 60 days while setting up the software on all those car dealerships there. Good yard sales, lots of good frizbee golf, nice place. My favorite part: You can drink beer in the city park without getting hasseled. Pawn shops not bad either, and good pizza at whatever that place is, Pappas, maybe?

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all *Censored*, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx

Phaze91460
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Phaze91460 » Monday, 01 October 2007, 21:25 PM

Since most of the forum lives in Georgia, everyone else can move here and there is no need to worry about other states.

Slim Jim
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Slim Jim » Monday, 01 October 2007, 21:33 PM

YEAH! :P But seriously, I kinda like the idea of adding that feature to the forum...please consider, moderators! :D

Mentor3006
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by Mentor3006 » Monday, 01 October 2007, 22:15 PM

I vote for Texas, and all them thar lesser states forums!

Just kidding. (Not a native Texan here, but I have heard people say goofy junk like that...)

It DOES seem like Texas, and Houston Metro area in particular seems to dominate a lot of these boards...

LiveWire113
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by LiveWire113 » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 2:50 AM

This is the way I've seen it broken down in most of the car forums I use. This may not be applicable 100% in the CB forums; you may want to do just at Texas forum and just a Georgia forum, it really depends on the demographics of your user base. And drdx brings up another use for these forums: if someone is traveling out of their area and wants to find out what is going on in the area they are traveling to, they could go look in the regional forum for that area or ask questions there. I've only been a member here for a few days, but the folks on here are great and have given me good feedback. In other words, you already have a great little community here, so feel free to chuck my idea in the basket :)

California (13 Viewing)
Great Lakes - US (3 Viewing)
Great Plains & Rocky Mountains - US (1 Viewing)
Middle Atlantic - US (5 Viewing)
New England - US (2 Viewing)
New York / New Jersey / Connecticut (5 Viewing)
Northwestern - US (4 Viewing)
Southeastern - US (16 Viewing)
Southwestern - US (2 Viewing)
Hawaii & Other Islands (13 Viewing)
Australia / New Zealand (2 Viewing)
Canada (2 Viewing)
Europe
South / Latin American
South Africa

Lawdawg
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by Lawdawg » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 3:03 AM

Sounds like a great idea!

Pocono Redneck
Donor
Donor

Post by Pocono Redneck » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 7:47 AM

Great idea!
Keystone 7-6-2 said that!

J-570
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by J-570 » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 8:40 AM

I like the idea also, that is how most of my other forums are as well. It makes nice and easy to plan events and to get to know the other locals around your area. And you also don't have to clutter up the main board with chit chat between locals.
RDX4LIFE

johnboy
Donor
Donor

Post by johnboy » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 10:33 AM

I like the idea....i dont know a single person in my area that is into cb's.....if there was a section with other people from the tri state area we could possibly meet up for events and tell local info...

Rex_foxhound
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: SWP G. Lee
Name: Rex
Referrals: 1

Post by Rex_foxhound » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 12:33 PM

Phaze91460 wrote:Since most of the forum lives in Georgia, everyone else can move here and there is no need to worry about other states.
I agree!! :lol:
It's a 10K World!!!!

Duck Commander
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Duck Commander » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 12:34 PM

hey hey hey now you guys better check the polls i think Tejas is gettin in there somewheres 8)
IN THE WORLD OF DUCK HUNTIN THERE ARE WORLD CLASS DUCK CALLERS AND WORLD CLASS DUCK KILLA'S IMA DUCK KILLA

J-570
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by J-570 » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 12:41 PM

There's quite a few pennsylvania boys here also.
RDX4LIFE

Duck Commander
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Duck Commander » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 13:03 PM

J-570 wrote:There's quite a few pennsylvania boys here also.
hey nobody asked for any input or DaveMade from you YANKS up there :lol: :lol: :lol:
IN THE WORLD OF DUCK HUNTIN THERE ARE WORLD CLASS DUCK CALLERS AND WORLD CLASS DUCK KILLA'S IMA DUCK KILLA

J-570
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by J-570 » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 13:05 PM

Duck Commander wrote:
J-570 wrote:There's quite a few pennsylvania boys here also.
hey nobody asked for any input or DaveMade from you YANKS up there :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well.... we are YANKS and don't really give a crap what you hill billies want.... :lol: :lol: :twisted:
RDX4LIFE

Duck Commander
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Duck Commander » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 13:29 PM

Easy YANK know your roll and shut your mouth cause the PEOPLES DC said so thats why :lol: :lol: :lol:

J-570
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by J-570 » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 13:40 PM

the PEPOLES DC... hahaha i guess that's right since you are the DUCK COMMANDER without a radio in the truck right now huh... :P
RDX4LIFE

Duck Commander
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Duck Commander » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 14:15 PM

hahahaha i talk enough on my base in the evenings to hold em off till i get back on unless im in my
huntin wagon then i give em heck with the old school 148 and that **Censored** Texas Lightning 4 pill :lol:

J-570
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by J-570 » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 14:23 PM

Hahaha, I'm still waitin for a video of you blowing that 4 pill up.... :lol: :lol:
RDX4LIFE

Duck Commander
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Duck Commander » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 14:31 PM

i really think it maybe a good amp for reals cause i keep gettin it hot and dont cut it any slack
just keep hammerin it and it just gets hotter but never blows or burns... im serious ive had it
so hot several times this past weekend that you literally couldnt touch it or it would burn you
had me skeered it was guna catch my carpet on fire but it keeps goin... im kinda thinkin it cant
be burnt up, im havin fun tryin to tho :lol:

J-570
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by J-570 » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 14:32 PM

Bet ya I could smoke it in 20 mintues. :lol: :lol:
RDX4LIFE

Duck Commander
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Duck Commander » Tuesday, 02 October 2007, 14:42 PM

duno han ive tried its tough i get longwinded with the best of em but every once in awhile have to unkey to get a drink but have been known to rubberband the mic and talk n talk my finger cant handle the pressure :lol:

Slim Jim
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Slim Jim » Tuesday, 09 October 2007, 15:57 PM

Bump...well, is this a possible, soon-to-be reality?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic