good 4 pill ab/c biased mobile amplifier possible?

This is the forum for asking questions about linear amplifiers or power supplies.
chewy78
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Antenna: k40
Radio: cobra 29 ltd classic

good 4 pill ab/c biased mobile amplifier possible?

Post by chewy78 »

What are some good amp builders that can build one with a switchable bias? Like in a straight 4-2sc2879 pill. That could do ab and c switchable bias. id like to have a ssb delay too. also a pre amp. Looking for a multi purpose straight 4-pill mainly. Im not looking for anything bigger. It needs to at least run at half power in a 04 gas gmc truck with a 105 amp alternator . I was eyeing up and looking at BMK, davemade, xforce. maybe fatboy or texas star. BMK told me that he could build one with switchable bias. or i could have it just ab i think from he told me.

Im not looking for anything with mosfets. Any other builders that uses toshiba 2sc2879s?. It gotta be a comp style box. Would like to have have a cooling fan on it. I would run my new connex 4300hp on it with it turned down a little if i have to. To just loaf along. looking for some reliability.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: good 4 pill ab/c biased mobile amplifier possible?

Post by MDYoungblood »

I would say that any one of the builders mentioned will make an amp to your liking and there are several more good ones out there too but I would go with a known name for now, makes it easier to sell when needed. Contacting them is the way to go, everyone here has a opinion of amps, a few even build them.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department