Truck bed stake hole mount and 102 whip

If you need help or advice on setting up a mobile, this forum is the perfect place to ask.
RUSTYHOOKER1
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

Truck bed stake hole mount and 102 whip

Post by RUSTYHOOKER1 »

Hello all,
Was wondering if anyone has or is using the truck bed stake hole mount from firestik with a 102 whip?
Not looking to drill/cut up my truck and thinking of getting rid of the Wilson 1000 mag I'm currently running.
If you are/had this setup, what are your opinions on this mount?

Thanks in advance,
RUSTYHOOKER1 waiving a hand!
73sss
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: Truck bed stake hole mount and 102 whip

Post by MDYoungblood »

I'm not using a stake hole mount but I have the antenna mounted in the left rear corner of the bed,
i_Phone_04_13_040.jpg
DSCN7643.jpg
DSCN7642.jpg
I felt installing it this way I could always remove the antenna for a ladder rack or cap and just throw a mag mount on the roof until I take it back off.

ps, I don't use a spring on the antenna, the one in the pics was used to check the SWR and see how long of a riser I'd need to make.

3's

Greg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
443 Arizona
Mod Duck
Mod Duck
Handle: Double R
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave

Post by 443 Arizona »

at one time i had a 102 whip, no spring, mounted on the bedrail (hole drilled) just aft of the first stake hole. it was fine. swr was about 1.5 and radio was a tram diamond 60, the setup worked fine.
later on i put the ant. on top center,added a spring(108" total), with a small cobra radio, lmr400 coax, and swr went relatively flat. easily increased local range by 2 miles by putting ant. on top of cab.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

I prefer in the back corner, I live in a city with quite a few tree lined streets, not many traveled by large trucks to keep the trees trimmed so the back corner I hear less of the banging and clanging. My SWR is 1.16 in the center of the CB band and can tune 10 and 12m with just the radios AT.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Post by jessejamesdallas »

Not sure about the Firestik mount if it will handle a 102" whip or not...But there are companies that make a stake hole mount that will handle any antenna you want to stick on it!...Just Google.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.