For now

A place to ask questions about base setup for CB radios or HAM radios. Talk about your experiences, seek advice, and share knowledge.
Joker-Dave
Donor
Donor
Radio: 99V

For now

Post by Joker-Dave »

So I just got a bunch of new (to me) stuff and I'm in the process of trying out different things. Right now I have the President Madison set up with a D-104. I need a power cord for the Siltronix but I probably won't use that as my main base.

I also just got the O-scope but I have no idea how to use it.
I have some other radios too that I'll probably just end up selling off but for now, it's cool to have on the shelf. :joker:
Dave, AKA Joker, AKA JeeperCreeper on http://www.itsajeep.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; AKA Scared on other forums and Xbox 360 sittin back, relaxin and listenin
015reddog
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Handle: 015reddog
Antenna: Coathanger
Radio: Mudduck Junk

Re: For now

Post by 015reddog »

Dude, that is one heck of a nice bench. Looks like fun to me. I'd like to have an O-scope too, but I wouldn't know what to do with it either. :mrgreen:

REd
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

likes2grill
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: Midland 79-290

Post by likes2grill »

I agree with 015reddog. Very nice way to get started
Joker-Dave
Donor
Donor
Radio: 99V

Post by Joker-Dave »

Well I've been trying out the Madison with a d-104 and I don't particularly care for the performance at this point. The radio has been modded with variable wattage on the SWR knob. I can't find a happy spot between the mic gain and a good power setting that sounds good. I might need to clean up the D-104 because the thing just looks old inside with some ugly soldering. I might have to just rebuild it. I've been watching Dbay for a replacement D-104 so maybe I'll get lucky. I'm also considering putting one of my amps on there and see what I can do. I really like the receive on this Madison, especially on AM. SSB is great too, but the AM just sounds awesome. I'm also on the lookout for another speaker because I'm sure that will make it sound even better. I still haven't got my "big" antenna situation figured out so the big DX is still a ways off but the local chatter is fine for now.

On another note, the boss (xyl) found out I got all these radios and gear and was not too happy, so I might have to sell some of it off. Wish me luck! :joker:
Dave, AKA Joker, AKA JeeperCreeper on http://www.itsajeep.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; AKA Scared on other forums and Xbox 360 sittin back, relaxin and listenin
015reddog
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Handle: 015reddog
Antenna: Coathanger
Radio: Mudduck Junk

Post by 015reddog »

I like the receive that the Madisons have also. I had one for a short while. Just too big for me. That's why I like your bench. The next place I live, I am going to make sure that I have a small room that I can dedicate to having a nice bench/radio shack. Good luck dealing with the "BOSS." I feel ya on that one man. Take care.

REd
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?