digital tv

A place to ask questions about base setup for CB radios or HAM radios. Talk about your experiences, seek advice, and share knowledge.
cfox
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Radio: President Grant

digital tv

Post by cfox »

Do CB's still cause TV interferance since broadcast TV went digital? I understand from reading forum posts through page 10 in this part of the forum that a "clean system" and proper grounding, quality components etc will reduce the likelyhood, but I'm still concerned about my proposed setup. The last thing I want is to **Censored** off the neighbors. I have a 20 foot mast and will probably put up an IMAX 2000. My radio will be an older President Grant mobile with a 5 watt deadkey swinging to about 15 watts. I have the option of using a small amp with a max output of 425 watts. I know there are a lot of variables in the picture, like the quality of my neighbors electonic devices, the proximity of my antenna to them, how well I complete the installation and all that, but you guys with a lot of experience think I'll run into interferance issues running barefoot, or with the amp? Does sideband bleed worse than AM? Is 95% shield coax enough?
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Re: digital tv

Post by jessejamesdallas »

Your radio would probably be just fine...Problems won't come until you fire up that Amp...Amps are usually what causes the TV interference... But if your using Cable, or Satellite TV system, the Amp probably won't bother those...I can fire up my 16 pill and not bother the TV sets that are on Satellite. The Stereo speakers, cordless phone, computer, and the dogs electric collar are a different story tho...
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.