Hook up

A place to ask questions about base setup for CB radios or HAM radios. Talk about your experiences, seek advice, and share knowledge.
EZ CHOPPER
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Hook up

Post by EZ CHOPPER »

I picked this Globe King 500 a while back haven't had a chance to do anything with it. I have some time now I wanted to know if anyone has or had one of these. I have the receiver but not the transmit part of it I heard that a cb radio can be hooked up to it for that. If anyone knows anything about this please let me know I would like to get it going. Thanks

MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: Hook up

Post by MDYoungblood »

Haven't a clue but here is a site with the manuals, http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/globe/500

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
DME
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK
Handle: DME

Post by DME »

That's an AM transmitter only for the Ham bands. There are several guys running them on 80 meters. Google will help.
EZ CHOPPER
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by EZ CHOPPER »

I tried to google it just shows them working not how to hook the up. read the manual still having a hard time figuring this one out
EZ CHOPPER
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by EZ CHOPPER »

I have still not figured this thing out yet I hard there is a way to hook it to a cb radio so you can use the cb radio for a Receiver I have the manual on this but it does not say in there about it. has anyone had one of there globe king 500 and have you ever used a cb radio for a Receiver. Please let me know if you have had any Experience with this please let me know thanks

MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

Using Photobucket as your pic poster doesn't help matters, click on a pic to enlarge it, it locks up the browsers with commercials and ads, try the forum's image poster next time. As far as the radio goes I haven't a clue without reading the manual or a schematic, first time I've ever saw one, like was said , it's ham AM radio equipment. Have you hooked it up to an antenna to see if it actually receives anything first? Or transmits? Use a dummy load as the antenna.

3's

Greg

MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

I "Googled" it and the only YouTube was showing it transmit, it has 10m so making it transmit on 11m would be just a matter of getting it to the frequencies. How does it change frequencies/bands, is there a VFO or crystals or what? There was a lot of info on the radio, looks like you need to do some reading, no easy why around it.

3's

Greg

EZ CHOPPER
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by EZ CHOPPER »

yes there is a vfo for it its does work the guy I got it off of said you use a cb radio for a receiver I used to hear him talk on it. but I have not been able to get a hold of him. I have tried to look on utube have not really for much about it just seen where there working. I was hopping I could find some where on the internet where someone that has hooked a cb radio with it for the receive just have not found out anything like that yet. I was suppose to get a Receiver with it but it didn't not happen that's way I was hopping some might have done this before and I could get a little info from them about it. haven't found anyone yet to talk to them about it this thongs a rare bird. lol