xforce 6pill

This forum is the place to seek assistance with batteries, alternators, and charging systems.
fat boy
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

xforce 6pill

Post by fat boy »

what kind of chargin setup would i need for an xforce 6pill without killing batteries once a month i would be driving the xforce with an rci 2970 in a 2001 chevy blazer i think i would have to use lmr400 coax
'Doc

Re: xforce 6pill

Post by 'Doc »

If your alternator isn't large enough to supply the full current requirement, then it amounts to giving that alternator the time required to recharge the battery(s). How much time does that require? Beats me, just depends on how large the battery(s) is(are), and the total current requirement. I think the biggy is just remembering to give it that time. Multiple batteries are a much more common way of doing all that, and certainly cheaper than a larger alternator and all that may require. The 'aHr' rating of the battery(s) can give you a fair 'guesstimate' of 'talk time'. A huge 'fudge factor' in that guestimate is very nice to have, saves you from having a 'dead' battery(s). Figure on having dead batteries at least once until you get some idea about what the charging system can do.
- 'Doc
smooth16
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Re: xforce 6pill

Post by smooth16 »

To be on the safe side, 2 batteries.
Real world, one stout one.

600 watts versus 800 watts (peak) zip difference.

Going to keydowns ? Get a 320 and set it for 16-18. Just blabbing ? Have fun.