Brand new General lee SWP

Place any good comments or company referrals here to sponsors or with individuals on the forum selling used equipment.
Rmg32
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Brand new General lee SWP

Post by Rmg32 »

Just received my new general lee swp from radio active yesterday. I ordered it with variable talk back, and variable power. The radio took just short of four weeks to reach my door. (NJ) I know it is to early to tell but I have to say that I am very happy with the radio. I have the radio setup in a kenworth W900, I am getting out approx. 10 miles (strong) in the tri-state area. Which anyone who drives up here will tell you there is a lot of radio activity, mountains, and rough terrain. I am very impressed with radio active, I did not speak to mike very long. However, everything that was talked about was done, and done with clean workmanship. The variable talk back is mounted neatly on the back of the radio. And the variable power looks like factory placed in the front of the radio.

As for the sound quality of the radio: This is what I am most satisfied with, and lets be honest that is whats most important. The radio puts out a very clean signal and has terrific modulation. I have a astatic 636l mic. and this suits my needs while traveling down the road. Overall I am really enjoying my radio and I am so glad that I went with radio active. If anyone from radio active reads this I do have one question. I do not see any seals on the radio where would I find them?

As for the SWP: The SWP package is really cool. The radio does the swing thing and sounds awesome. I compared the sound of the general lee swp to a connex 4300-300 and you can recognize the difference, in a good way. I love both of these radios, and I am thinking about the swp for the 4300-300, but I think I will have to wait awhile on that. In my Opinion the SWP is worth the money and absolutely makes a difference.

I understand that this review doesn't appeal to everyone but for those who are researching or have already purchased a radio. I know how important it is to read real reviews so I hope this helps.

Re: Brand new General lee SWP

Post by 231 »

Congrats' on the new set up! And there are many folks who have shared the same views...nothing but good reports. Thank you for taking the time to give the feedback.
KerryB
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Radio: Cobra 29WXST w/XL350

Post by KerryB »

I have mine on order from RA and they are installing the SWP and the RXP in mine. I also am getting a new 636L to go with it. Can you tell me what the dead key meter reading is on your radio as well as the peak modulation on the meter. I am having mine tuned to run through a Cobra XL-350 linear and am just curious of what i will be sending into the Cobra and what to expect out the other side? All opinions appreciated.
Rmg32
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by Rmg32 »

That sounds cool man, I am around a five watt dead key. The only thing I wanna know is when you get your radio let me know if you see any seals on the outside, I can't find any?

your gonna love the SWP it is pretty awesome, It is worth the wait.
linx

Post by linx »

Rmg32 wrote:That sounds cool man, I am around a five watt dead key. The only thing I wanna know is when you get your radio let me know if you see any seals on the outside, I can't find any?

your gonna love the SWP it is pretty awesome, It is worth the wait.
All of my SWP radios I've ordered have seals on them, on the sides, towards the back.
KerryB
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Radio: Cobra 29WXST w/XL350

Post by KerryB »

Hey buddy, i would certainly get the sticker problem worked out with Mike tomorrow. If you have a problem and there is no sticker, then they won't cover it...........at least that is the way i understand their warranty. I'll bet they just forgot to put them on after doing the SWP..........
Rmg32
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by Rmg32 »

Yeah thats a problem, I will give them a call
Rmg32
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by Rmg32 »

I talked to mike last week he said that its cool if I do not see the seals. They are on there on the inside or something.

*KerryB* you should be close to getting in your radio right? Keep us posted man. I wanna see what you think of yours