Who are the Big BALLAS of today?

Want to shout someone a friendly 4 n 1. Do it here, and put their name in the hall of fame!
LadyMermaid
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Handle: Mermaid
Antenna: 6 element
Radio: Cobra

Who are the Big BALLAS of today?

Post by LadyMermaid »

From the Westcoast to the Eastcoast to the Bahamas to Alaska to Northwest Corner to the Smokie Hills and the Sandpile to the Big Apple and then the Big D over to the Hog Yard back to the Big Bam swing to the Backwoods then to the Weatfields long walk to the Windy City but cant see the Mini Grass thinking you must be hearing the Astrodome or maybe its the Land of Lincoln you keep trying to reach to the Blue Grass stepping a long foot to the Swamp Lands wishing you were in the Cold Country but you are in the Buckeye or the Cackalacky .....

Who are the Big BALLAS of today? I am not asking for 1980s ballas.

Who is the baddest?

Sounds like they have the largest amp -- watts..10kw or simply just a loud station

There is no competition

Base or mobile

Does not matter what channel

So who do you hear?

:fish:
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: Boogieman
Antenna: 2ft Wire hanger
Radio: RCI 2950 Mirage

Re: Who are the Big BALLAS of today?

Post by »

Hey..

MotorMouthMaul
4040 (RIP)

There are a lot more....but IMO...these ARE the Shot Cawlas....

I don't count the stations that 'sound' loud here in NM...those are the guys that never seem to be talking to anyone.

Bombero
Official Moderator - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!

383 Boogieman

MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

Yes 4040 was a "Force" to be reckoned with, he is missed. I hear on a daily basis "Double O Five Nine in the Star", "Double Nickel" Kansas, and good old "Jolly Roger " in the UK. Personally I'm not much of an AM person so most of my contacts are SSB and that's where you hear these three the most.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
yota167
Donor
Donor
Radio: Stryker490HP

Post by yota167 »

In my RX; MMM, Soul Control, Midnight Cowboy, T-bone(is he still mauling), John Denver(ain't heard him in awhile what happened), Mailman.....String Bean, hmmmm those are the big strappers I hear on a regular basis.
Yota167
Getting back in the game...
Was running fat boys, Davemade's, and TS's.
Now just wanting to set up my Kenworth t880 Roll Off truck.
Deleted User 14541

Post by Deleted User 14541 »

Motor mouth maul has an impressive station...can't deny it but he talks about what has where some if the big time ch6 operators don't do that. You hear small driver, john deere, prime minister, Mr Collins, been hearing alot of 766 lately. Having a little mystery is how it's supposed to be IMO. 10k might have been something years ago but anyone with the cash can order it online these days.

Anyone ever hear King Arthur out of TX? Not saying he's the baddest in the land but he's out of my league...for now anyway.
yota167
Donor
Donor

Post by yota167 »

Cool thread LadyMermaid.
Yota167
Russ
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Handle: WR2005
Antenna: Golden Rod 45
Radio: rci 2970dx

Post by Russ »

Triple 2 out of Illinois but, haven't heard him in a while..
1 ADAM 12
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Handle: 1ADAM12
Radio: General Lee

Post by 1 ADAM 12 »

My vote goes to Motor Mouth Maul. Very loud and clear station in my RX. Anytime the guy talks its like his antenna is in my attic. And he just GOT DOWN :cheers:
1-ADAM-12
1206FL
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by 1206FL »

Mustang 131. Great sounding station.
yota167
Donor
Donor

Post by yota167 »

Another one who has been crushing my receive is Superpower BAD BOY, think he's out of Arizona. He's got a real clean easy to listen to sound similar to MMM, I also forgot BIG PHIL(IN THE BOC) that guy cracks me up. . He's always talking about his barnyard. Thunderstick drops the hammer too and is easy on the ears with clean audio. There are a bunch of douches running over modulated crap that cuts through but they sound so bad I don't even wanna remember who they are.
Last edited by yota167 on February 4th, 2015, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yota167
LadyMermaid
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by LadyMermaid »

My views:

MotorMouthMaul is an intelligent guy with lots of knowledge -- can make a radio sound like a million bucks. I am not sure if he is a big balla but he does hold his own on the Superbowl -- no doubt. But lets hear for him after he gets his new beam. MMM is definitely in my view Mr. Audio.

766 -- I hear him via the computer and he is definitely a big balla -- he can step on many and many have to stand by

Listening lately, the *&%$#!@%" from the West Coast, 809 -- he is a tech so he should be doing the thing.

John Deere -- Yes

Water Boy -- Bahamas
Juice -- Bahamas

King Arthur -- Yes

I will have to do some more listening -- there are plenty who seem to key it down and step right over others talking

yota167
Donor
Donor

Post by yota167 »

LadyMermaid wrote:My views:

MotorMouthMaul is an intelligent guy with lots of knowledge -- can make a radio sound like a million bucks. I am not sure if he is a big balla but he does hold his own on the Superbowl -- no doubt. But lets hear for him after he gets his new beam. MMM is definitely in my view Mr. Audio.

766 -- I hear him via the computer and he is definitely a big balla -- he can step on many and many have to stand by

Listening lately, the *&%$#!@%" from the West Coast, 809 -- he is a tech so he should be doing the thing.

John Deere -- Yes

Water Boy -- Bahamas
Juice -- Bahamas

King Arthur -- Yes

I will have to do some more listening -- there are plenty who seem to key it down and step right over others talking

Come to the Midwest, and listen to any receiver; MMM puts 90% of the boys on 28 and the bowl 10-7 when he keys. He IS what your calling a "big BALLA".
Yota167
Deleted User 14541

It's easy to say who you hear the most but that doesn't always mean they are top dog. The guys in that don't have a job and like to talk are a lot more famous than the ones that have jobs and families that keep them from getting in front of a radio on a daily basis. Then you still have location and conditions to deal with.

MMM is definitely towards the top of the list but people know what has. His antenna is impressive and he's even told what kind of wattage he runs. He calls it horsepower so you'll have to do the conversion. There are mobiles sitting around waiting for the next break that would clobber most guys you hear on 28. They just don't advertise what they have sitting in that old rusty suburban with the windows painted black from the inside.
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor
Handle: Silver Eagle
Antenna: Sirio Turbo 5000
Radio: President Lincoln 2

Post by silvereagle1 »

don't know about how big or how loud but when he's on there he can sure stir up some trouble and make some folk mad. Blue Waffle.
President Lincoln 2
Sirio Turbo 5000 Roof Mount
567 East Tennessee
Deleted User 14541

The waffle is weak. No one hears him on AM so he picks on the SSB operators.
LadyMermaid
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by LadyMermaid »

These responses are hilarious -- a good morning read.

Well, I do listen to livecbradio.com -- during the week. It allows me to hear those talking from California and since I am in California I am not able to hear many of these boys including 766 and MMM.

I love the sound of MMM but I have read some people do not. There is another guy on 28 who has the same sound. I believe they have some type of processor in their radios to give the sound???

Many of the people listed, I have never heard off which does not mean much but its ALL good to know and learn from.

I know back in 1980s, there was a guy here in L.A., Tumbleweed...it was ridiculous..bled over all 40 channels. I assume then he was a big boy/balla because of the ear plugging he did with my station but I dont know if he was a balla going to the East. Back then Channel 6 aka Superbowl was crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy. You could not get in between those key downs...my brother and I would sit and listen. Many of the big ballas lived near me so I definitely had to stand by or go to another channel if I wanted to talk. Those are fond memories. When I moved from L.A. to another city, I moved right smack in the middle of some other talkers...shew I could not escape them. Many have passed on and now I have the city pretty much to myself except for a few but no one down the street, bleeding over channels and keeping me from enjoying my radio.

All of this is thought provoking.

-- Thursday, 05 February 2015, 12:12 PM --

Night Hawk Sandpile
Old Man Maul Droppa
12 Gauge (he gets on my nerves-lol-in his geh-rage)
Swamp Weed
Hump in the Sandpile
drdx
Donor
Donor
Handle: dollar-98
Antenna: Many
Radio: Many-

Post by drdx »

Like 543 said I think a lot of it boils down to operating time. Many have enough gear and antenna that they would be a semi star if they just camped on 28 for hours every Saturday for a few weeks. Channel 6 is still political on who responds. It just takes a lot of time, a decent ERP, via a good setup. I do believe that there are certain geographical advantages as with the Caribbean guys and the water as I've operated there with minimal power and good results and the backdrop of all that water on the east and west coast has to help.

And by ballas I'm defining it as a regularly heard station, not some guy with 10kw and a flat. 8 that says he is retired. If you are truly "retired" then take it all down. Don't hide on the side on fading street cred. Conditions are a lot of it and even the biggest of the big can get taken to the woodshed.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
LadyMermaid
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by LadyMermaid »

My question was (forget the excuses/reasons):

Who are the Big BALLAS of today? I am not asking for 1980s ballas.
Who is the baddest?
Sounds like they have the largest amp -- watts..10kw or simply just a loud station
There is no competition
Base or mobile
Does not matter what channel
So who do you hear?

There are many that stands out among others.
yota167
Donor
Donor

Post by yota167 »

The guys who are the baddest, are the ones that DONT hurt my ears from flat topped squared off audio with the big box AC humming in the background cause their d104's gain is way to high! Lmao! I drive truck 10 hrs a day 5 days a week 7 months out of the year and I have cb radios in my dozers/loaders too for the other 5 months to monitor. I'm always listening to 28/6/26. Like I said, if you got the watts but your system and your locking down the bowl but it sounds like nails on a chalkboard I don't listen to it. I go channel surfing for someone with clarity speaking with a smidge of common sense. What's with the senseless BS the bowl operators say? I get it to a point but they sound like the most uneducated Deep South goobers of all time. The chatter on 28 doesn't seem so outright stupid most of the time.

And yeh when I'm dx'n I'll sound silly sometimes but when ya make a contact I revert back to sounding like a somewhat normal human. Ranting sorry !
Yota167
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor
Handle: Silver Eagle
Antenna: Sirio Turbo 5000
Radio: President Lincoln 2

Post by silvereagle1 »

the ones that are baddest is the ones you can't understand what they are saying other than break break break and a few chuckles. they are so loud and distorted you can't make none of it out and its spread out on all 40 regular channels even though they are 2 thousand miles away. the biggest and baddest are those just mentioned.
President Lincoln 2
Sirio Turbo 5000 Roof Mount
567 East Tennessee
Deleted User 14541

yota167 wrote:The guys who are the baddest, are the ones that DONT hurt my ears from flat topped squared off audio with the big box AC humming in the background cause their d104's gain is way to high! Lmao!
I cant argue with that. A big antenna, smooth sounding radio and an amplifier with a whole lot of plate dissipation that doesn't bleed all over the band gets my respect.
LadyMermaid
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by LadyMermaid »

Yes, I do understand those crapping sounding stations..sounds like electricity running around the room and about to blow up.

I love smooth, I love when someone in another state can hit me with 30dbs, take out the locals I do not want to hear and can seriously have the maul down.

Here are some others I believe are ballas:

065 and Mod Squad – Hawaii
Lumber Jack – Bahamas
403 Death Valley, California (listen to him via computer)
I heard Stringbean in his long nose suburban -- not sure if he is a big balla

well, I think all of this is interesting and all views are valid

I am glad those that hear me enjoy my sound in the "sound of radio" :rabbit:
LouieLouie2
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by LouieLouie2 »

.... HI Lady Mermaid.... Louie Louie checkin' in.... me and Big John Henry, pullin' up. :cheers:
yota167
Donor
Donor

Post by yota167 »

I thought string bean keyed out of a "Peterbuilt diesel car". Is he still a member here, maybe he'll chime in. Used to be .
Yota167
LadyMermaid
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by LadyMermaid »

I heard someone talking to Stringbean, yesterday (Sunday). He must have been walking a dog because he was giving me a run for my money on Channel 28 while I was talking to Road Dogg from Tennessee.

Skip was awesome this past weekend especially later in the day. :brilsmurf:

-- Tuesday, 19 May 2015, 10:53 AM --

W Kangaroo Australia
Postmaster Australia
W Puerto Rico
Double Trouble Barbados
Dr. Pain Florida
Road Dogg Memphis
Royal Highness Pretty Boss Ohio
Switch Blade Wolf Lake
Bob Wire
Gatekeeper
Audio Junkie Hawaii
Mad Maxx Hawaii
Show Down Hawaii
Cool Chain Hawaii
Black Flagg Bayou
Democratic Doctor Indiana
Jay Are Carolinas
:cheers:

-- Monday, 11 January 2016, 12:46 PM --

I still enjoy this post. I don't think much has changed as for the BIG ballas. I didn't really place any West Coast operators and there are many.

-- Monday, 11 January 2016, 12:48 PM --

I do notice many who talk from the South and the East Coast talk to each other -- short skip.

For me, if you are being heard in California/Hawaii (non-south states and east coast) then you are talking SKIP.

Talking next door is just that talking next door. This is just my opinion of course.