Started my new job today

Tell us what you're doing from day to day. Post your daily notes here about any radio projects that you are working on.
HOUNDOG
Donor
Donor

Started my new job today

Post by HOUNDOG »

So, I left the comfort of an office last week and I am now working for AT&T as a Service Tech/Lineman. I started pole climbing school today, so now I'm sitting back in my FREE extended stay hotel suite icing my ankles and reading up on everybody's latest CB adventures. It was nice to be outside, but it was hot as all heck...and it only the middle of June!! :shock: I will try to post some pics here of me climbing telephone poles for everyone's entertainment. Can't wait to put up a big ole 90 footer in my back yard and throw a nice Antron up there!
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Handle: 316
Antenna: Wilson 5K
Radio: RCI 2950 and IC-7000

Post by 316 »

How do you like it so far?
HOUNDOG
Donor
Donor

Post by HOUNDOG »

So far, I like alot. Thanks for asking. Today was pretty rough though. We had to climb one of those step poles...the ones with the metal bars hanging out. It wasn't bad once you got up to the top, but getting there was a bit freaky. Other than that, its pretty cool.
Peanut
Donor
Donor

Post by Peanut »

Congratulations Houndog. I hope it all goes well for you.
John 3:16
Visegrip
Donor
Donor

Post by Visegrip »

Hey Hounddog, don't worry about the heights.With a lil time you'll get used to them.
I myself do a lot of climbing, I'm in the scaffold bussiness. And not the lil ones people paint their houses with.
When i first started it was a lil shaky for me too. Now its second nature
wood eye
Donor
Donor

Post by wood eye »

oh to be young again....
I hate to go up a ladder. To climb a poll? I would be icing more than my ankles.