Contact with a member on the air

Tell us what you're doing from day to day. Post your daily notes here about any radio projects that you are working on.
Sporty Mike
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Antenna: S.S. 102 / Maco V5/8
Radio: Alot of 'em!!

Re: Contact with a member on the air

Post by Sporty Mike »

Hey Snowman, where were you tonight?? I had 25 in St. Louis for a good QSO and Michigan and Illinois for quite awhile. I called out for 314 St.Louis several times.....maybe another day. Oh yea, BTW I was on 28 when I got them, around 6:00 to 8:00 pm.

Mike
Redbeard 759 , your non profit Prophet from the 'Bam!!!
togaman
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Handle: TOGAMAN
Radio: sears roadtalker

Post by togaman »

drdx wrote:Well, I was able to talk with Togaman today on 28am for several exchanges, an actual conversation. We had conditions coming and going but it was nice to hear folks from the forum out there. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and we can soon plan a DXfest where we all try to get on one weekend in the future.

-drdx
Great talking to you Drdx, hopefully we can do it again sometime. Preacherman just tuned up a 148 GTl for me, thats what I was talking to you on. Glad to hear its working. Catch you on the band.
4130 Land o' Lincoln
[/b]
420Snowman

Post by 420Snowman »

Sorry Sporty, I missed it, I turned it on a few times and had NOTHING, I mean, NO DX at all. I am hooking up the 300A tonight and will more than likely be on all night if the conditions are right, I will holler for you on 28, oh say about 6pm central, something like that, and also later, the more beers I get in me the more long winded I get!!

Snowman
Sporty Mike
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Sporty Mike »

10-4 Snowman, I'll be listening.....conditions allowing of course.

Mike
420Snowman

Post by 420Snowman »

yes, sir, of course. 4040 was just running a gate on 28 during my lunch break!!
drdx
Donor
Donor
Handle: dollar-98
Antenna: Many
Radio: Many-

Post by drdx »

Hey guys, I just got confirmation that I'll be staying on vacation down on the texas coast, for a week, beginning July 26th, in a beach house. I'll lug an hf rig down and maybe setup an imax, dipole, or something as a temporary base, on the patio for a little added height. I'll probably be just on sideband unless I have something that I think may work good on AM. I'll be on Galveston Island with lots of water around so it should provide some opportunity to maybe make some contact more members.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
420Snowman

Post by 420Snowman »

Sounds like a good time Dr. we will be listening!!!

Snowman
drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx »

I'm looking forward to it. My plan is slowly evolving but I want to be operational with a minimum of 100 watts and with a vertical base antenna. I may do something bigger using my mobile amps, which would be a nice setup if the parking arrangement works out. I've never set up like that, but I'll be stuck there a week, a full 7 days, with my wife, sister, mother, and 4 kids, so I figure they'll get a kick out of it. Maybe I'll do something like if you talk to me I'll give you a number, then you PM me here, and I'll send out a postcard or something corny like a beer can with a stamp on it.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
Sporty Mike
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Sporty Mike »

Hey Drdx I talked to a guy in Galveston last night....didn't catch any numbers , he was calling himself "something" mobile. Said he had talked to me before, but I didn't recall.

Mike
drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx »

That's good to hear. I was in Galveston a few weeks ago, some guy called Longhorn mobile or something was there. I'll be there the week of 7/26. Next week, I'll be on South Padre, but in a rental car and a hotel, so I may put together a simple mobile setup for the rental, maybe a mag mount 2 hot with a small amp for the beach.

My wife and I both work remote jobs so we can work wherever. Next week, the trip is on her work as she has to be there in person, so since I can work anywhere I have connectivity I'm going. Late July it is the Galveston deal. Late in August, we're going to Myrtle Beach, so I'll set up there too I hope. On the Myrtle beach deal, we'll be driving from here (Dallas) to there, so I should have a lot of opportunity at making contacts during the 1200 mile trek each way. Maybe I'll set the base up on a timed recorder deal and get a gate of myself.

-drdx

-drdx
420Snowman

Post by 420Snowman »

Sure thing Dr., PM sent