New base setup

Tell us what you're doing from day to day. Post your daily notes here about any radio projects that you are working on.
Sambo747
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Antenna: A99
Radio: cobra 29's and cam89

New base setup

Post by Sambo747 »

Got my new power supply and new coax today. Setting up my new base radio and antenna this weekend. Running a Cobra CAM 89 that has been converted to 40 channel and a Cobra 29 LTD with a little kicker and a A99 thats 30 feet in the air. Hope to get it all done this weekend. :cheers:
HomerBB
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Handle: Homer, 2WR183, Country Preacher
Call Sign: K5HBB
Radio: IC-746

Re: New base setup

Post by HomerBB »

Great! I know you'll enjoy it.
It's Not Crazy, If It Works
The 11 Meters MacGyver
Sambo747
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by Sambo747 »

oh yeah man. Ive enjoyed many years of my mobile but this winter has made me go through and get my base setup. Im running a small base right now thats doing great and hitting the northeast states right now but I want to get the real deal going and sit back and relax in the warmth of my home and enjoy my hobby! :bigsmurf:
DanTaylor
Donor
Donor
Radio: Galaxy 959

Post by DanTaylor »

Great to hear Brad! I love having my base set up here at the house I just gotta get it located inside now.
WORK TRUCK Galaxy 959 peaked and tweaked with echo
PLAY TRUCK Cobra 29 NWST peaked and tweaked
BASE Uniden Washington with a swing kit and a D-104
Sambo747
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by Sambo747 »

I love having my base here at the house. All the comforts of my house and my radio too!! Even got it in the bedroom with me and my gf and it dont bother her a bit and she even gets on there too!! cant beat that with a stick i tell ya! :cheers:
hilltop 439
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Antenna: I MAX 2000/Maco103c
Radio: RCI2980WX/Galaxy98v

Post by hilltop 439 »

That's cool you will enjoy having your radio setup in your home a lot more you will be on the band more often chatting away the hours.
Tell me how bad have you got the CB radio BUG ? It can be kind of contagious by the sounds of it it has already spread LOL!!!!!
... THE ONLY WAY TO DISCOVER THE LIMITS OF THE POSSIBLE IS TO GO BEYOND THEM INTO THE IMPOSSIBLE ...
Sambo747
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by Sambo747 »

I'd say I got a good case of the cb radio bug. But theres only a few of us that do radios here on the eastern shore of va. so were really a rare breed over here. Back in the 70's and 80's everyone had one over here but not anymore. But I just enjoy the cb for what it is. Another way of communication. Im not into the cb competition side of things. Im just into talking and making contacts where ever the skip may take me.

73's

Sambo 747 down here on the Chesapeake Bay