Phaze91460

Tell us what you're doing from day to day. Post your daily notes here about any radio projects that you are working on.
Phaze91460

Phaze91460

Post by Phaze91460 »

Well, I dont get in here much but want to let y'all know whats up.

Some of you know but most dont that I took in 2 more kids ( 24 year old boy and 27 year old girl ). At my age, yes they are still kids. we are trying to help them get back on their feet.

This afternoon, a friend of my oldest son was shot. I dont have all the pieces right now but it looks like someone chased him down while he and his girl friend were driving. Shot 5 holes in the vehicle with one entering the right side of his brain. He was air lifted to a hospital in downtown Atlanta where he is in surgery right now.

Please keep him in your prayers. Most of our community knows this boy ( 20 ? ).
THUMPER

Post by THUMPER »

sorry to hear that !
626s

Post by 626s »

Our prayers are with are with him phaze.
outdoorsman12

Post by outdoorsman12 »

that is terrible and i hope that he will pull through, i hope your son is handling this ok.
Phaze91460

Post by Phaze91460 »

Most of this community knows him and a lot of folk went to the hospital.

Latest update: Doing brain surgery now. Has been operated on for hours. Bullet entered from right rear of his head and traveled to the right front. When checked earlier, he couldnt move anything on the left side of his body. Prognosis was not good, he has lost a great deal of blood. Was on 3 of the local networks.

Locals found the shooter and 2 others involved. Police were called and those 3 are in custody.

In our neck of the woods, its a wonder the police found um alive.
Phaze91460

Post by Phaze91460 »

Just got an update. He is outa surgery. Couldnt get all the shrapnal outa his head. They dont expect him to make it till morning.
BigBopper

Post by BigBopper »

Sorry to hear that
626s

Post by 626s »

We're praying for him.
GOTA Go
Donor
Donor

Post by GOTA Go »

He and his family will be in our prayers.

Romans 10:9
Phaze91460

Post by Phaze91460 »

We will know more tomorrow.

Dr's told the boys mother that she will have to make a decision tomorrow to disconnect him or not. Looks like he may be brain dead.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/109 ... etail.html

This is the youngest boy she has. She lost her oldest boy a year ago. He died in the hospital while visiting his wife after their second child was born. The middle boy is alive and well.
THUMPER

Post by THUMPER »

man that sucks hate to hear that
Rex_foxhound

Post by Rex_foxhound »

I heard about that on the news Phaze. I hate to hear stuff like that. The family will be in my prayers.
Phaze91460

Post by Phaze91460 »

Final update on this situation.

1:11 AM EST 2-11-07

After numerous tests, Plugging blood vesels, etc. The doctors have found no brain activity and pulled the plug. Lee West died immediately.

He lived longer than the doctors thought he would.

I have kids going through the aftermath of his death. Keep us in your prayers.
Punkin Head

Post by Punkin Head »

phaze yall are in our thoughts and prayers bro. sorry to hear about this.
Wind Breaker

Post by Wind Breaker »

Phaze, sorry for the loss, this must have been a long week for everybody involved. Our prayers go out to his family and you and your family.
626s

Post by 626s »

Very sorry. Our prayers are with all of you.
Rex_foxhound

Post by Rex_foxhound »

I'm prayin for yall John.
If you need anything, you have my number.
Phaze91460

Post by Phaze91460 »

We laid Lee to rest this morning in a small cemetary close to his familys home.

My youngest took it pretty hard. Now there is some closure and time will heal the wounds.
Wind Breaker

Post by Wind Breaker »

Let us know what happens to the 3 guys they have in custody for this horrific crime. Man that just sucks to have somebody that young go the way he went.
I hope they give those 3 guys the death penalty and do it quickly.
DAYDREAMER

Post by DAYDREAMER »

I know the feeling! A year ago January 19th my son was mugged in Chicago and took three shots to the left leg. That's a call you DO NOT want to get.

He's got too much of his father in him, doesn't like the idea of someone sticking a gun to his head. Fortunately, he's recovered physically, although I'm not sure about mentally.

Believe me when I say I'll be praying for the young mans family and friends. Make sure they understand, "what goes around, comes around". Those three dudes have someone bigger and greater than any of us to answer to.