Radio and antenna help

Help with installing an Antenna, or just choosing the right antenna to go with your radio, or your mobile.

Moderator: JR Moderator

Chevyman75
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.
Name: Nate

Radio and antenna help

Post by Chevyman75 » Monday, 13 February 2017, 21:32 PM

I have a cobra 29Ltd classic hooked to a Wilson "Lil wil" and I am all the sudden having issues with transmitting and receiving. My antenna is tuned to the cb. I'm at 1.1 on channel 19 and 1.2/1.4 channel 1 and 40.. and suggestions? It's driving me crazy

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

sonoma
Donor
Donor

Re: Radio and antenna help

Post by sonoma » Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 3:13 AM

if your SWR's are still good it could be weather conditions where you are at. I have seen times I could not talk 2 or 3 miles one day then the next it would pick back up for local talking. I am not going to bash your antenna but I never did have good results with a lil will antenna for it working as good as the wilson 1000 or 5000 antennas.I had one years ago and gave it away for a good 4 foot antenna. always had better results with a longer antenna. never did have good luck receiving and getting out with a 3 foot antenna.

Chevyman75
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

Post by Chevyman75 » Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 8:39 AM

sonoma wrote:if your SWR's are still good it could be weather conditions where you are at. I have seen times I could not talk 2 or 3 miles one day then the next it would pick back up for local talking. I am not going to bash your antenna but I never did have good results with a lil will antenna for it working as good as the wilson 1000 or 5000 antennas.I had one years ago and gave it away for a good 4 foot antenna. always had better results with a longer antenna. never did have good luck receiving and getting out with a 3 foot antenna.
I wondered if it could be my antenna my other one went junk this is a temporary I've had on until I get a better one. I never had any issues with weather before and I live on a hill with no big trees and I can see miles in 3/4 directions. Interstate is about 12 miles out and I used to be able to hear them and get "clear" radio checks from them. Unless for some reason the antenna is going bad or it is the weather but was pretty clear last night and nothin

Chevyman75
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

Post by Chevyman75 » Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 8:45 AM

This said I didn't reply it's not showing. But it also said my op didn't either and It did.. will wait and see.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic