FCC Enforcement News 2011

If you are looking for or want to share a current event, please feel free to share any upcoming CB radio breaks in your local area with us.
drdx
Donor
Donor
Handle: dollar-98
Antenna: Many
Radio: Many-

Post by drdx »

Check this out. I wonder if it is an indicator of more to come or an isolated incident.

http://www.w5yi.org/ama_news_ ... php?id=518

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
Nagant
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Antenna: M104C, V-Quad
Radio: To Many To List

Re: FCC Enforcement News 2011

Post by Nagant »

Nothing new really. I found a hole bunch of similar cases not long ago via a Google search. For the life of me I can't remember what the key search words were but it came up with the official cases and citations the FCC had against various retailers. Some really well known wholesale places as well as smaller retailers here part of the roll of toilet paper length docket. I remember the time span on them from somewhere around 2004 up until sometime last year.
shooter
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by shooter »

search fcc amateur actions .
Aviator
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Handle: Aviator
Call Sign: 2CT687
Antenna: 102" SS Whip
Radio: DX66V

Post by Aviator »

Looks to me like the store clerk shoulda get his mouth shut. No doubt, they probably would have found out anyways but still. To me, that indicates no loyalty.
Six-Eighty-Seven Leesburg, Florida; Most Active On 38LSB & 27.555USB
"Yea, it's a 102" SS Whip 25 Foot In The Air.....No I'm Not Kiddin'"
drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx »

Well, it is nothing new, but I thought it was interesting that it was so recent and not the typical story of the idiot that got 10 notices of apparent liability for tearing up the neighbor's tv's. I guess a self proclaimed law enforcing citizen could have ratted that shop out but it did look a little more proactive than most reports I usually see, which are more reactive. Time will tell but one day I think they'll wake up over there and take action as it is all about money. Well, money and spectrum space/value to other richer parties but it is important to trucking so I think we're safe for the time being.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
Nagant
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Nagant »

You're right, it's all about money. I do feel there will be more actions like this against retailers in the future. A lot more in the way of money making potential there then it is with us little operators.

Not to many years ago they went after a number of retailers about how they advertised their export radios on their website as CB's. That was easy money for them as I don't think they had to leave the office for those. :lol:
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: Boogieman
Antenna: 2ft Wire hanger
Radio: RCI 2950 Mirage

Post by »

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!

383 Boogieman

Joker-Dave
Donor
Donor
Radio: 99V

Post by Joker-Dave »

Aviator wrote:Looks to me like the store clerk shoulda get his mouth shut. No doubt, they probably would have found out anyways but still. To me, that indicates no loyalty.
The story didn't say it, but I'm assuming the employee did not know it was an FCC agent. How hard would it be for an agent to walk into any of these places and act ignorant and just let the shop keepers dig their own whole. I'm sure they are reading all these posts and know exactly where they will be going next... :joker:
Dave, AKA Joker, AKA JeeperCreeper on http://www.itsajeep.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; AKA Scared on other forums and Xbox 360 sittin back, relaxin and listenin
517 squirrel
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Antenna: sirio vector 4000
Radio: depends on the day

Post by 517 squirrel »

thats not a surprise really to me either kinda sux tho gonna make people understand one day you gotta be careful with what you do and what you say
  • galaxy dx 2517
    xforce xt800
    sirio vector 4000
    General Lee "truckenized"
    runner made 2x4 mobile
    Cobra 2000 GTL
    cobra 148 "colonelized"
    uniden grant "colonized"
    cobra 29 "colonized"
    Texas Ranger 966
    Galaxy 959
    Wilson 500 and 5000 on mobiles
    cobra 29 barefoot
Night Crawler
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Night Crawler »

517 squirrel wrote: one day you gotta be careful with what you do and what you say
Not one day that day is already here.
517 squirrel
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Antenna: sirio vector 4000
Radio: depends on the day

Post by 517 squirrel »

sorry as in one day they'll realize
  • galaxy dx 2517
    xforce xt800
    sirio vector 4000
    General Lee "truckenized"
    runner made 2x4 mobile
    Cobra 2000 GTL
    cobra 148 "colonelized"
    uniden grant "colonized"
    cobra 29 "colonized"
    Texas Ranger 966
    Galaxy 959
    Wilson 500 and 5000 on mobiles
    cobra 29 barefoot
TheCBDoctor
Sponsor
Sponsor
Handle: Rick
Antenna: Wilson 2000
Radio: HR 2510

Post by TheCBDoctor »

Hi,

I am no fan of the export radios; they are killing the domestic radio sales. If you are working out of a truck stop it is always best to ask for a CDL. No CDL no sale. I doubt an FCC representative will have a CDL; they don't think that far ahead.

Most truckers don't even realize that exports are "unauthorized." Don't display them, don't advertise them, and chances are you will be fine. If a driver asks for one you should ask for his or her CDL, then go to where ever you keep them and make the sale.

Me? I don't sell exports........I make my money repairing the type accepted antiques. I have been doing this for over 22 years and it is not worth selling them. The FCC had visited me almost 20 years ago. They come in and look around, and then come back with another agent to make the bust a few days later. The fines are heavier today and the enforcement is going up.

Back in the day a few exports would have been confiscated and a warning would be given. Today, the fines will put you out of business.

Just my 2 cents,

Respectfully,
Respectfully as always,

Rick
drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx »

Check this out, more 2011 activity, very interesting on how they fined this guy, making the fines very expensive.
This one is dated June 7, 2011. That's proof, and maybe it is money driven, and yes the guy sounds like an idiot considering he had been warned, but proof that the FCC is more than in the phone business.

http://www.commlawblog.com/ar ... s-fines-f/

http://transition.fcc.gov/Dai ... 1000A1.pdf

-drdx

-drdx
shooter
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by shooter »

sounds a little like another attack on the freedom of speech . the word **Censored** is just that , a word . we all have the right to be offended by anothers speach . deal with it !!!
although he may be a moron , he has that right .
this is america people ,if everyone continues to cower to special inerest groups, we are surely doomed as "the land of the free "
if you dont like my statement , maybe you should read the constitution . it is a great piece written by men of uncanny foresight . we should all dream of leaders of such fortitude .

thank you , i will step off my soapbox now .
drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx »

I'm not sure it was was much of an attack on freedom of speech as it was repeated violation, after warning, of the rules. I doubt that if he had a 4 watt station that he would have been in trouble using that word.

I was more pointing out the legal mumbo jumbo mentioned about how he was cited for not having a license for something you can't get a license for, generating the high notice of apparent liability he received. That is just one article and that author's take on it but I did find it interesting. I've seen that "operating without a license" language before on documents and never thought twice about it but it makes sense the way it is explained. You could look at this case 2 ways or more I guess. The guy was warned 4 years ago, admitted offense, and continued, then was caught again and fined. Or, you could see it as he is just one of many dong the same thing and was singled out. Either way, it is evidence that there are laws out there and they do get enforced now and then despite popular consensus. I still contend that if the law wanted to really cut down then they'd know where to go, as there are legendary stations out there in the open. I wonder what "tipped the scales" and escalated that one? Is it s sign of things to come? Who knows, but with gov't money as tight as it is there is plenty of opportunity there for fining on a huge scale if they wanted to get after it.

Why is it that we never hear from these guys that get nabbed? Radio is a communications community. Somebody talks to this guy and knows the deal, as is probably the case with others. When one of us gets a bad deal from a seller we all hear about it, why not in this scenario? Are these idiots just lone wolves?

-drdx

-drdx
Deleted User 14541

Post by Deleted User 14541 »

drdx wrote: Why is it that we never hear from these guys that get nabbed? Radio is a communications community. Somebody talks to this guy and knows the deal, as is probably the case with others. When one of us gets a bad deal from a seller we all hear about it, why not in this scenario? Are these idiots just lone wolves?

-drdx
It's just another government conspiracy. :lol:
yamaha
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Antenna: A99,M103,60rohn
Radio: 2950DX--2000GTL

Post by yamaha »

Who cares about the FCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they got every person that knows stink about radios stuck buging the middle east.
2950DX - 2000GTL - 148GTL - 29LTD - 19Plus - 3300HP - DX959 - Galaxy SIRIUS (some type of RCI creation)
443 Arizona
Mod Duck
Mod Duck
Handle: Double R
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave

Post by 443 Arizona »

:confused: the squeeky wheel got greased, :idea: :?: :icon_e_wink: :shock: 8) :icon_e_sad: :rambo:
721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW »

We need a "Mole" in the FCC system DRDX, someone that could give us the real scoop on pending cases.
How about it anyone up to the task?
EricJK
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER
Radio: FT7900/ Pro510xl

Post by EricJK »

I woudln't want to show a CDL if I wanted an export. How about the old fashioned "Are you a cop" routine?

I was on the ham bands a few days ago and this guy that I regularly chat with had pointed out that the cop that he passed had "Found him a good hiding place" but when I asked him where it was he wouldn't say. "Im not a snitch" he said......but you bet your life insurance policy that if I cursed or misused my callsign he would turn snitch yellow before the courtesy tone sounded.
Nagant
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Nagant »

EricJK wrote:I was on the ham bands a few days ago and this guy that I regularly chat with had pointed out that the cop that he passed had "Found him a good hiding place" but when I asked him where it was he wouldn't say. "Im not a snitch" he said......but you bet your life insurance policy that if I cursed or misused my callsign he would turn snitch yellow before the courtesy tone sounded.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my thanks for sharing that. I know what you mean.
Radar-DLDN
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: Bearcat

Post by Radar-DLDN »

The "are you a cop" routine is a myth. If it wasn't then there would be no such thing as an undercover operation. But since I don't have a CDL I can't say I think that's a good idea either.

I have seen online retailers that make you sign an agreement that you are taking exports out of the country within a certain amount of time. That would take some heat off of the seller. Then if the FCC buys one and signs that the case could be thrown out because they broke a legally binding contract during the investigation.
Radar - Toledo, Ohio - Mod Duck