Retired

If you are looking for or want to share a current event, please feel free to share any upcoming CB radio breaks in your local area with us.
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor
Handle: Silver Eagle
Antenna: Sirio Turbo 5000
Radio: President Lincoln 2

Retired

Post by silvereagle1 »

After almost 28years of working in the construction trade I'm finally able to receive my retirement. As of August 15th I am officially retired. All my paperwork is filed and excepted. Just waiting on that first pension check. No more traveling to other cities and other states. It's time to spend time with the family. Thanks given to DC77 for a great career.
Last edited by silvereagle1 on September 22nd, 2014, 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
President Lincoln 2
Sirio Turbo 5000 Roof Mount
567 East Tennessee
Deleted User 14541

Re: Retired

Post by Deleted User 14541 »

Congratulations. Put your feet up and enjoy. :mrgreen:
dirtyjob
Donor
Donor
Handle: dirtyjob
Antenna: Super Penetrator 500
Radio: Many

Post by dirtyjob »

that's awesome, congrats, you made it!!
Browning Golden Eagle Mark IVA - Mark III & Mark II
"LISTEN FOR THE PING"
Kenwood TS-590S - Yaesu FT897D - Kenwood TS-870 - Icom IC-7300
Yaesu FT-101E - Tram D201A - President Lincoln - CP2000
Gizmotchy G-31 Beam
Super Penetrator 500 5/8 Wave
Comet GP9 2 meter/440
"North East Corner Of Massachusetts 613"
CBRT 18204
halfwatt959
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Antenna: maco base/ whip mobi
Radio: too many to list

Post by halfwatt959 »

Congrats to you Mr. Eagle but everyone I know who has " retired" seems to find they now work harder, longer hours 7 days a week. But relax as much as you can and enjoy more radio. 73s sir Karl
2 and 3/4 DX RADIO CHAOS. Halfwatt959 " I MAY NOT CAN FIX IT BUT I CAN TAKE IT APART"
I HATE COMPUTERS!!!!!
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Antenna: firestick dipole
Radio: ALINCO/GALAXY

Post by 795 »

CONGRATS, enjoy, I do 12 years of relaxation so far.
DOCTOR/795 :cheers:
795/doctor/ chnl / 36//USB/AM
HAMSPHERE<NO LICENSE REQUIRED>
VOICE OF THE CORNFIELDS
SGT VIETNAM 1967-68/14th ICC
US COAST GUARD 1971-1980
AIR NATL GUARD 123RD COMM 1981-1991/RETIRED
-357Mag

Post by -357Mag »

:cheers: Welcome to the Club
barefoothank
Donor
Donor
Antenna: lil will,A99
Radio: trc-485, 959,979

Post by barefoothank »

Congratulations!
587, a nudder mudder

silvereagle1
Donor
Donor

Post by silvereagle1 »

Thanks everyone.
President Lincoln 2
567 East Tennessee
Lost Ram
Donor
Donor
Handle: Lost Ram
Antenna: 570' Loop with 600 ohm open feed line
Radio: Yaesu FTDX 101 MP / TRC-450

Post by Lost Ram »

Congrats!!!!! I was just looking at the pics in your signature area, the last one looks like the floor board of my wife's Caliber.
CB: TRC-450, Imax
Ham: FTDX101MP, FT-991A ,FT8900-2 meter crossband rig
Ham Antennas: 570', 500', wire loops, 2M Copper Slim Jim X2, CG-144 mobile
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government. So let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first."
Thomas Jefferson.
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor

Post by silvereagle1 »

Lost Ram wrote:Congrats!!!!! I was just looking at the pics in your signature area, the last one looks like the floor board of my wife's Caliber.
Yep, it's a caliber
President Lincoln 2
567 East Tennessee
Lost Ram
Donor
Donor

Post by Lost Ram »

That Grant is nice radio from what I read. Did you find it in the states? I seen a while back you could import it. The only President I have is an HR2510, I used it for years until I got my RCI2970N2. How does the Grant compare to the 99V you have, not in watts but in functionality/quality and such if I can ask?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government. So let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first."
Thomas Jefferson.
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor

Post by silvereagle1 »

Lost Ram wrote:That Grant is nice radio from what I read. Did you find it in the states? I seen a while back you could import it. The only President I have is an HR2510, I used it for years until I got my RCI2970N2. How does the Grant compare to the 99V you have, not in watts but in functionality/quality and such if I can ask?
I had to order the grant from the UK but still only took 3 days to get it. I've been happy with it so far. I'd have to say it's my favorite one. One reason is the channel changer on the mic. Another is that it stays on frequency even it cold temps. I just like the looks of it in general too. One thing I wish was better with the grant is the backlighting. Almost non existent in daylight. Out of all 3 of my radios I get the best audio reports on the grant especially on sideband so it appears to win in that area. The Galaxy 99v2 does pretty well as far as staying on frequency except for cold weather. It does have its problems when old man winter comes around though. Roger beep fails in temps at or around 25 degrees and the modulation lamp comes on and flickers when in receive mode when it's cold. Only does it until the radio warms up. I like the brightness of the display and the loud speaker on the 99. I swap them out from time to time but I'd have to say the grant is on the rack about 80 percent of the time. I would have to give the quality edge to the grant 2 without a doubt. Not taking anything away from the Galaxy its a fine radio it just seems to be thrown together compared to the grant. Not enough time spent with QC while being manufactured. Too many bugs in my opinion.
President Lincoln 2
567 East Tennessee
Big blue
Donor
Donor
Handle: Lets Do This!
Antenna: M103C & Colossal 10K
Radio: Yaesu FT990; Home Brew 3-500Z

Post by Big blue »

Congrats on your retirement!
Last edited by Big blue on September 25th, 2014, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Ram
Donor
Donor

Post by Lost Ram »

silvereagle1 wrote:
Lost Ram wrote:That Grant is nice radio from what I read. Did you find it in the states? I seen a while back you could import it. The only President I have is an HR2510, I used it for years until I got my RCI2970N2. How does the Grant compare to the 99V you have, not in watts but in functionality/quality and such if I can ask?
I had to order the grant from the UK but still only took 3 days to get it. I've been happy with it so far. I'd have to say it's my favorite one. One reason is the channel changer on the mic. Another is that it stays on frequency even it cold temps. I just like the looks of it in general too. One thing I wish was better with the grant is the backlighting. Almost non existent in daylight. Out of all 3 of my radios I get the best audio reports on the grant especially on sideband so it appears to win in that area. The Galaxy 99v2 does pretty well as far as staying on frequency except for cold weather. It does have its problems when old man winter comes around though. Roger beep fails in temps at or around 25 degrees and the modulation lamp comes on and flickers when in receive mode when it's cold. Only does it until the radio warms up. I like the brightness of the display and the loud speaker on the 99. I swap them out from time to time but I'd have to say the grant is on the rack about 80 percent of the time. I would have to give the quality edge to the grant 2 without a doubt. Not taking anything away from the Galaxy its a fine radio it just seems to be thrown together compared to the grant. Not enough time spent with QC while being manufactured. Too many bugs in my opinion.
Thanks for the info!! I have a 55V which I have had for ever and it does the same thing. I am in Louisiana now so its not a problem now but, when I was in Michigan it was sure was. The Galaxy's do have their problems with the cold and off freq issues. Thanks for the honest opinion, it means a lot to me. My wife's caliber might have one of those soon!!
Kerry
Thomas Jefferson.
milkman21218
Donor
Donor
Handle: Milkman
Call Sign: W1ASA
Antenna: Many
Radio: Many

Post by milkman21218 »

Congratulations!
Central Maryland

silvereagle1
Donor
Donor

Post by silvereagle1 »

Lost Ram wrote: My wife's caliber might have one of those soon!!
Kerry
the next time she takes a nap pull out the drill. I caught mine gone to the store one day. it's my car but she was against it so I figured what the heck what can she do once the hole is drilled lol. :basketball: all kidding aside she was ok with it after a day or two.

This is almost the only place you can put a radio in the caliber but you can make it removable fairly easy.
President Lincoln 2
567 East Tennessee
Bombero
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: Boogieman
Antenna: 2ft Wire hanger
Radio: RCI 2950 Mirage

Post by Bombero »

I can see it now.....

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!

383 Boogieman

silvereagle1
Donor
Donor

Post by silvereagle1 »

Bombero wrote:I can see it now.....

More Like This Bomb. :compress:
President Lincoln 2
567 East Tennessee
Lost Ram
Donor
Donor

Post by Lost Ram »

I bought her one of those newer digital 29's but its to big!!! I thought I might make a bracket so I can mount a small one under the counsel storage lid between the seat. For now when we drag the RV camper out to the camp sites she just puts it on the seat and uses a mag mount while we are away camping.
Thomas Jefferson.
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor

Post by silvereagle1 »

if heat wasn't going to be a problem you could almost put it in the slot above the glove box. the area where drinks go. the AC runs straight to that area to keep drinks cool so it could work. I actually thought about putting my radio there when I first got my 980. it's hidden. you could run wires through the back. you would have to open the hatch when talking on the radio. it's a nutty idea but it is workable I believe. if being in a closed in area won't hurt it. that I don't know. I started gathering up too much stuff is the reason I chose a rack in the floor.
President Lincoln 2
567 East Tennessee
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

Congratulations SE1, join the crowd, now you have this to look forward too, lol!!!

Bombero's pic doesn't look so bad now does it, lol!!!
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor

Post by silvereagle1 »

so far I've had the pa kettle syndrome. can't seem to shake it lol.
President Lincoln 2
567 East Tennessee