Channel King 500 schematic?

This forum is intended for asking any other technical questions that you cannot find answers to in the other forums.
mbuccione
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Channel King 500 schematic?

Post by mbuccione »

Hello there,

I am wondering if anyone has the schematic and manual for the "channel King 500+" linear amp.

Thank you
mbuccione
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Re: Channel King 500 schematic?

Post by mbuccione »

No one? I guess it was made by a gost company....
Nagant
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Antenna: M104C, V-Quad
Radio: To Many To List

Post by Nagant »

Never heard of or seen that one before. Is it transistorized or a tube amp?
mbuccione
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Post by mbuccione »

Its a tubes amp with 5 6JE6 and 1 6LB6. The amp is adjustable from 0 to 1 KW and apparently it was made for CB use even though could be modified for use in ham...
Night Crawler
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Night Crawler »

If you can't find a schematic follow the circuit wiring and draw your own that's what I would do.
Nagant
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Antenna: M104C, V-Quad
Radio: To Many To List

Post by Nagant »

That's a new one to me. Likely a small long forgotten builder. Finding a manual and schematic for it will be next to impossible more than likely. It wouldn't be of much use on amateur bands as it's a sweep tube amp with a drive section. Therefore you're right that it was meant more for the CB market.
mbuccione
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Post by mbuccione »

Night Crawler wrote:If you can't find a schematic follow the circuit wiring and draw your own that's what I would do.
Well the problem is that there are few loose wires inside the box so I was trying to find the schematic in order to know were those wire were connected and if something is missing.
Night Crawler
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Night Crawler »

It looks like the loose wires are in the power supply section what happens when it's powered on?
mbuccione
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Post by mbuccione »

Night Crawler wrote:Image
It looks like the loose wires are in the power supply section what happens when it's powered on?
Well I did not powered it yet because of those loose wires but if I can't find any schematics I will power it up...
Night Crawler
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Night Crawler »

Hard to tell from the picture but it looks like one of the filament and HV wires is disconnected.

When you power it up here's a trick to use to prevent any further damage to the amp.
Take an extension cord cut one side and install a socket for a light bulb in series with it use a 100 watt bulb.When the extension cord is connected between the equipment to be tested and the 120 volt power source the bulb will take the surge of the current,if there is no short the bulb will glow bright at first then go to a dull orange if it stays bright you have a short somewhere.
mbuccione
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Post by mbuccione »

Night Crawler wrote:Hard to tell from the picture but it looks like one of the filament and HV wires is disconnected.

When you power it up here's a trick to use to prevent any further damage to the amp.
Take an extension cord cut one side and install a socket for a light bulb in series with it use a 100 watt bulb.When the extension cord is connected between the equipment to be tested and the 120 volt power source the bulb will take the surge of the current,if there is no short the bulb will glow bright at first then go to a dull orange if it stays bright you have a short somewhere.
Thank you for the tip, I'll try it when I'll be back home as I am out of the town but still I wish somebody can provide me the original schematic and some information about that amp as it is a good vintage piece of equipment.
hammerjockey
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK
Handle: hammerjockey
Radio: rci 2990

Post by hammerjockey »

Hey, digging up a fossil thread but wondering if you ever found any info on the channelmaster 500? I'm buying one this week to restore, hoping to find as much info as possible on it! Thanks guys.