Ranger PPR-129LRB

This forum is intended for asking any other technical questions that you cannot find answers to in the other forums.
Kosmic
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Ranger PPR-129LRB

Post by Kosmic »

Is there anyway to get the channel 9 to not come up in this radio when first turning power on? I can not find anything at all on this radio for some reason. Radio made in China This is driving me nuts!
Bombero
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: Boogieman
Antenna: 2ft Wire hanger
Radio: RCI 2950 Mirage

Re: Ranger PPR-129LRB

Post by Bombero »

Hey...

Do you mean 'Instant channel 19' ?

Cuz that's the way they came from the factory.

Bombero
Official Moderator - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!

383 Boogieman

Radar-DLDN
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: Bearcat

Post by Radar-DLDN »

Do you cut the power when it is off? Most of the radios I have remember the last channel they were on as long as they have power but if the power is disconnected then it starts at 9 the next time.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk
Radar - Toledo, Ohio - Mod Duck
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

You seem to find some oddball radios. This Ranger radio will go to channel 9 when turned on automatically, just the way it's designed, one reason it was a short production. I think it even shows channel 9 first then shifts to channel 19 when the switch is in that position. I have never heard of any mods to change this. It was a good radio, excellent out of the box modulation and right on 4w DK. I guess it's a live with it or sell it radio. I looked around for a manual but can't find one.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Kosmic
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Post by Kosmic »

Bombero wrote:Hey...

Do you mean 'Instant channel 19' ?

Cuz that's the way they came from the factory.

Bombero
Yes Bombero this is what I am trying to get rid of. Came from factory this way and I know there is a mod for this but can not find it. Thank you for your time if you can find this.

-- Saturday, 02 January 2016, 17:35 --
MDYoungblood wrote:You seem to find some oddball radios. This Ranger radio will go to channel 9 when turned on automatically, just the way it's designed, one reason it was a short production. I think it even shows channel 9 first then shifts to channel 19 when the switch is in that position. I have never heard of any mods to change this. It was a good radio, excellent out of the box modulation and right on 4w DK. I guess it's a live with it or sell it radio. I looked around for a manual but can't find one.

3's

Greg
Thank you Greg.
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Post by sonoma »

I had a radio that did this if it did not have power on it at all times. had it hooked to the keyed 12 volts and lost power to the radio when turned the car off. hooked it straight to the battery and problem was solved with it. turn the radio off with the knob and it would come back on to the same channel as when I turned it off. losing power made the radio I had go to its default. /
how do you have yours powered?
Kosmic
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Post by Kosmic »

sonoma wrote:I had a radio that did this if it did not have power on it at all times. had it hooked to the keyed 12 volts and lost power to the radio when turned the car off. hooked it straight to the battery and problem was solved with it. turn the radio off with the knob and it would come back on to the same channel as when I turned it off. losing power made the radio I had go to its default. /
how do you have yours powered?
Have worked it both ways and still comes up with channel 9.
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Post by sonoma »

I searched and could not find any info on this radio. can not believe they set it up to go to channel 9 on turn on. even looked on Rangers web site and they do not even show this radio. I wonder if the board is the same as the 127 they have out. here is all the info I could find. it also says instant channel 19 not 9

Description Item # SPM7969199023 Model # PPR129LRB

Instant Channel 19
10 Foot Microphone Cord
Talk-Back Control
Multifunction Analog Meter
Antenna Warning Indicator
Vibration Resistant Design
Advanced Noise Filter Design
4 Watts (Maximum FCC allowed)
Switchable NB/ANL for increased noise reduction.
RF Gain - adjusts receive gain in weak and strong signal areas.
Chrome Cabinet.
PA Capability - use CB radio as a Public Address System with PA speaker.
SWR Calibration - allows calibration of antenna system for maximum performance.
Front Microphone Connector allows convenient installation to be in/under dash.

Ranger Communications - PPR-129LRB - Ranger PPR-129LRB 40 Channel Mobile CB Radio. Instant Channel 19 10 Foot Microphone Cord Talk-Back Control Multifunction Analog Meter Antenna Warning Indicator Vibration Resistant Design Advanced Noise Filter Design 4 Watts (Maximum FCC allowed) Switchable NB/ANL for increased noise reduction. RF Gain - adjusts receive gain in weak and strong signal areas. Chrome Cabinet. PA Capability - use CB radio as a Public Address System with PA speaker. SWR Calibration - allows calibration of antenna system for maximum performance. Front Microphone Connector allows convenient installation to be in/under dash. SKU PPR-129LRB UPC 0734168129777 Weight 5.7000 Manufacturer Ranger Country of Origin Malaysia Schematic No Retail Price No Included In Box Ranger PPR-129LRB CB Radio 4 Pin Ranger Microphone Microphone Holder & Hardware 3 Pin Power Cord w/ Fuse Black Radio Mounting Bracket Instruction Manual Case Quantity 6 UPS Oversize Charge No Package Length No Package Width No Package Height No
Added on December 02, 2015

-- January 03 2016 --

I just read a review on this radio and it stated it has a channel 19 switch that you can put it on and it will come on to channel 19 upon power on. . they did not say if it would keep the radio on 19 when you flip the switch. try putting the switch on 19 and see if it lets you turn the channel after power on.
Kosmic
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Post by Kosmic »

sonoma wrote:I searched and could not find any info on this radio. can not believe they set it up to go to channel 9 on turn on. even looked on Rangers web site and they do not even show this radio. I wonder if the board is the same as the 127 they have out. here is all the info I could find. it also says instant channel 19 not 9

Description Item # SPM7969199023 Model # PPR129LRB

Instant Channel 19
10 Foot Microphone Cord
Talk-Back Control
Multifunction Analog Meter
Antenna Warning Indicator
Vibration Resistant Design
Advanced Noise Filter Design
4 Watts (Maximum FCC allowed)
Switchable NB/ANL for increased noise reduction.
RF Gain - adjusts receive gain in weak and strong signal areas.
Chrome Cabinet.
PA Capability - use CB radio as a Public Address System with PA speaker.
SWR Calibration - allows calibration of antenna system for maximum performance.
Front Microphone Connector allows convenient installation to be in/under dash.

Ranger Communications - PPR-129LRB - Ranger PPR-129LRB 40 Channel Mobile CB Radio. Instant Channel 19 10 Foot Microphone Cord Talk-Back Control Multifunction Analog Meter Antenna Warning Indicator Vibration Resistant Design Advanced Noise Filter Design 4 Watts (Maximum FCC allowed) Switchable NB/ANL for increased noise reduction. RF Gain - adjusts receive gain in weak and strong signal areas. Chrome Cabinet. PA Capability - use CB radio as a Public Address System with PA speaker. SWR Calibration - allows calibration of antenna system for maximum performance. Front Microphone Connector allows convenient installation to be in/under dash. SKU PPR-129LRB UPC 0734168129777 Weight 5.7000 Manufacturer Ranger Country of Origin Malaysia Schematic No Retail Price No Included In Box Ranger PPR-129LRB CB Radio 4 Pin Ranger Microphone Microphone Holder & Hardware 3 Pin Power Cord w/ Fuse Black Radio Mounting Bracket Instruction Manual Case Quantity 6 UPS Oversize Charge No Package Length No Package Width No Package Height No
Added on December 02, 2015

-- January 03 2016 --

I just read a review on this radio and it stated it has a channel 19 switch that you can put it on and it will come on to channel 19 upon power on. . they did not say if it would keep the radio on 19 when you flip the switch. try putting the switch on 19 and see if it lets you turn the channel after power on.
Thank you for your time and info. This is more then I could find after searching for 5 days.