SSB Transmit and receive.

Whether you're new to using single sideband (SSB) or have years of experience, this forum is the perfect place to ask your questions or provide assistance to those who are new.
copper_106
Super Mud-Duck
Super Mud-Duck
Antenna: Wilson 5000
Radio: RCI 6900F

SSB Transmit and receive.

Post by copper_106 »

I am new green etc. I have been listening on LSB channel 38. The radio, RCI 6900Fhp and a Wilson 5000 antenna. My question is. Receiving is 27.3852 and I am locked in at 27.3849 on transmit. If I was to try to transmit back with the offset can the other operators hear me on 27.3852? How does this work? Opinion on a normal transmit distance would be appreciated also with this set up? Hearing things coming in from all over.

Thanks in advance.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: SSB Transmit and receive.

Post by MDYoungblood »

Hello copper_106,
Welcome to the forum. Like most RCI radios, out of the box they are a little off frequency, yours just happens to be not enough to give the receiving radio a problem clarifying you in. A good tune (don't let them talk you into turning the power to max) and alignment would get you right on the money but don't let that stop you from talking.
As a new member could you post an intro in the "Welcome to the Forum" topic, http://www.cbradiotalk.com/viewforum.php?f=89 , so others can say "Hi".

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department