Ground wave was awesome

This forum is for general discussions, and you are welcome to post in this forum if you are not able to find the right place.
dgbacb4148
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Antenna: shakespere Big Stick
Radio: Uniden Washington

Ground wave was awesome

Post by dgbacb4148 »

Just had to share with you what I thought was impossible. Since I'm located 50 miles NE of metro Atlanta, a elder group and I are usually monitoring a certain channel often in the evening after dark. We may all be in an approximate circle of 45 miles of each other, and one night last week breaks started coming in in what is normally not heard on ground waves, one from Montgomery Ala, Warner Robbins GA, Ducktown Tenn, Augusta Ga, all of these in excess of 100 miles, go figure, it was not skip. Just wanted to share the waves. CB is not dead, it's still fun after 54 yrs since my 1st contact.
David g............ :cheers:

AKA Southwind,Tripple Nickel, DX 555. Base station Uniden Washington Philippines made/ D-104 Tug 9/ Silver Streak 150/ Pyramid Gold Series Variable 26 amp through "Old Reliable Shakespeare Big Stick"... Mobile- Cobra 25, NMO Firestik. USAF 1959-1963/ Andrews AFB, 1001st Transportation Squadron, Maryland, home of AIR FORCE ONE. John F. Kennedy Presidential Innaguration parade 1961.
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Re: Ground wave was awesome

Post by sonoma »

A few years ago I had a deal happen about like you. I am here in Okla city area and 2 guys started talking and I have never heard them before. they were booming like they were about a mile or 2 from me. I asked them where they were at and one said we are close to you it seems like and gave me a street I did not know. asked them where it was at and they said they were in Ohio, about 900 miles from me. they said you are not in Oklahoma after I told them where I was at. we talked for about 20 min and all of a sudden they just faded out. that was a weird situation for me. almost like a ghost was in there. we could not believe we talked as clear and as long as we did and it was just a good strong signal like we were a couple miles apart.
dgbacb4148
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Antenna: shakespere Big Stick
Radio: Uniden Washington

Re: Ground wave was awesome

Post by dgbacb4148 »

sonoma wrote:A few years ago I had a deal happen about like you. I am here in Okla city area and 2 guys started talking and I have never heard them before. they were booming like they were about a mile or 2 from me. I asked them where they were at and one said we are close to you it seems like and gave me a street I did not know. asked them where it was at and they said they were in Ohio, about 900 miles from me. they said you are not in Oklahoma after I told them where I was at. we talked for about 20 min and all of a sudden they just faded out. that was a weird situation for me. almost like a ghost was in there. we could not believe we talked as clear and as long as we did and it was just a good strong signal like we were a couple miles apart.
Thanks for the reply, everyone should be able to see this happen, awesome.
David g.............. :bounce:

AKA Southwind,Tripple Nickel, DX 555. Base station Uniden Washington Philippines made/ D-104 Tug 9/ Silver Streak 150/ Pyramid Gold Series Variable 26 amp through "Old Reliable Shakespeare Big Stick"... Mobile- Cobra 25, NMO Firestik. USAF 1959-1963/ Andrews AFB, 1001st Transportation Squadron, Maryland, home of AIR FORCE ONE. John F. Kennedy Presidential Innaguration parade 1961.