CB problems HELP!!!

This is the place to post your general tips or ask questions about your installation, whether it's for mobile or base stations.
Ilikesummit
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

CB problems HELP!!!

Post by Ilikesummit »

sandman661 wrote:whats up everyone im new too the forum ... anyways im having alot of problems with my Cb. first my setup i have a 2009 KW t660 , i got a connex 4300hp with a monkey made 9 ant. and k40 super mini 8 coax and a wilson SS stud... my question is im not getting out more than 2 miles and my radio sounds like crap... i run a cobra 100 ext. speaker and i cant even use it at all cause it squeals all the time when my TB is on... my swr's are 1.1 on 1,20,40 . so idk what is going on could it be my radio? i have taken too several shops and i have been screwed over so many times...idk what to do or check anymore.... someone plz help thanks...... matt
I was running a connex 3300fhp with the stock coax on a T660...(2013 model and the coax was ate up at lest a foot from the antenna with corrosion) Not too bad I thought. Well I got bored and scooped up a Stryker 955hp. This radio raised a lot of hell with the instruments and am/fm/xm. My swr was 1.2. I was running Wilson 2000's with 10" shafts.
Bobs originally wanted to sell me some trams w/24" shafts. I bought the 24" shafts and kept my Wilson's with the new shafts ran new co phased RGU 59(it was not too bad once the whole dash and overhead was torn apart). I installed the bobs mirror bracket extension kit, and I also had to trim off about 4" from the whips.
This is the best radio by far I've ever ran... It's crazy how far you can make contact now, I'm very impressed.
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor
Handle: Silver Eagle
Antenna: Sirio Turbo 5000
Radio: President Lincoln 2

Re: CB problems HELP!!!

Post by silvereagle1 »

Ilikesummit wrote:
sandman661 wrote:whats up everyone im new too the forum ... anyways im having alot of problems with my Cb. first my setup i have a 2009 KW t660 , i got a connex 4300hp with a monkey made 9 ant. and k40 super mini 8 coax and a wilson SS stud... my question is im not getting out more than 2 miles and my radio sounds like crap... i run a cobra 100 ext. speaker and i cant even use it at all cause it squeals all the time when my TB is on... my swr's are 1.1 on 1,20,40 . so idk what is going on could it be my radio? i have taken too several shops and i have been screwed over so many times...idk what to do or check anymore.... someone plz help thanks...... matt
I was running a connex 3300fhp with the stock coax on a T660...(2013 model and the coax was ate up at lest a foot from the antenna with corrosion) Not too bad I thought. Well I got bored and scooped up a Stryker 955hp. This radio raised a lot of hell with the instruments and am/fm/xm. My swr was 1.2. I was running Wilson 2000's with 10" shafts.
Bobs originally wanted to sell me some trams w/24" shafts. I bought the 24" shafts and kept my Wilson's with the new shafts ran new co phased RGU 59(it was not too bad once the whole dash and overhead was torn apart). I installed the bobs mirror bracket extension kit, and I also had to trim off about 4" from the whips.
This is the best radio by far I've ever ran... It's crazy how far you can make contact now, I'm very impressed.
I don't know just asking, can you use RG 59 on two way radio? I thought it was for tv hook ups or is it something different?
President Lincoln 2
Sirio Turbo 5000 Roof Mount
567 East Tennessee
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Post by sonoma »

you use rg59 for a co phase set up as they did the truck you are asking about. it is not for a single antenna.
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor
Handle: Silver Eagle
Antenna: Sirio Turbo 5000
Radio: President Lincoln 2

Post by silvereagle1 »

I learned something I didn't know. :cheers:
President Lincoln 2
Sirio Turbo 5000 Roof Mount
567 East Tennessee
Sporty Mike
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Antenna: S.S. 102 / Maco V5/8
Radio: Alot of 'em!!

Post by Sporty Mike »

Me too.

Mike

Sent from Sporty Mike's phone.
Redbeard 759 , your non profit Prophet from the 'Bam!!!