Constant beep coming from USB and lsb

This is the place to post your general tips or ask questions about your installation, whether it's for mobile or base stations.
renegade6811
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Constant beep coming from USB and lsb

Post by renegade6811 »

My swr's are at 1.36 channel 1 and 1.38 channel 40 running a Wilson gum drop on roof of van with a 5' firestik antenna. I just don't know if my radio is even working. I'm right off of interstate but no chatter even on 19 am, any clue as to what the beeping is it's also buried my meter :icon_e_sad:

-- Wednesday, 04 January 2017, 9:23 AM --

God do I feel stupid lol, constant beep coming from ssb was radio is too cold. Did a road trip got radio warm and it works fine listened to some truckers got good feed back on it just need a mic now lol.

Re: Constant beep coming from USB and lsb

Post by 231 »

LOL...cold weather does goofy things to electronics. Especially on SSB where clarifier or VFO can move as the radio warms up. Glad you figured it out.

MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

What radio is it? I am glad to see it really isn't the radio but the temp playing those games. Noise can come from anywhere, my DSL wireless router (Verizon) gives off heterodyne on several frequencies which is rather annoying. Laptop and cell phone chargers are big offenders too. A contant beeping could be a utility sign (Cross Walk, etc.) close to you, I've had that problem too.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
renegade6811
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by renegade6811 »

It's a bearcat 980 it's also been -20 to -40 with the windchill factor so it takes the radio about an hour to warm up and works fine but I don't work too good in this weather either lmao.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

Go to YouTube and check out the videos of removing the resistor that controls the beep, a lot of people hate it.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
renegade6811
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by renegade6811 »

I've seen that video but I don't really change the channel enough to get on my nerves plus it's not very loud or my hearing isn't that great lol.