LIL WILL ANTENNA great starter antenna 4

This is an area for posting accurate reviews on products you have used.
(Please read rules and info before posting)

Moderator: JR Moderator

BigBlue 442
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

LIL WILL ANTENNA great starter antenna 4

Post by BigBlue 442 » Friday, 21 December 2007, 17:44 PM

I bought this little guy for the wife's setup when I first put it in the truck as I wanted something small. It tuned well with SWR at 1:1.2 on CH1 & CH40 1:1.1ish on CH20. The LIL WILL is a great pair of ears for an antenna of its size and it will get your signal out better than you would think. I had it hooked into a stock 959 and could talk about eight to ten miles on a good day. It could hear a site bite farther picking up my G Lee at around eighteen miles give or take. Note: results may very with conditions. The magnet is strong and will hold the antenna in place at highway speeds. The only problem I had with it was the mast section (part that holds the stinger) came loose from vibration. A quick turn and it never happened again. If I could change anything it would be making the base removable like its bigger brothers. The coax is decent and held up well. All and all its a great starter antenna. If you want something small and easy on the wallet this is your antenna. It will allow you to get your feet wet and not break the bank. Its also a good performer and will fit your needs well beyond its compact nature. If you don't want to go with a Wilson 1k/5k or need to stay small the LIL WILL will make you happy. I keep it around for those times when I need a quick jump in and drive setup. My wife's truck now has a 5k on the roof, but she misses her LIL WILL as it never hit anything while it was on the roof.

# 300 Watt power handling capability (ICAS)

# Made with high impact Thermoplastic

# Heavy duty coil uses 14 gauge copper wire
# Exclusive low loss coil design (Patent #4,882,591)
( Same as Wilson 1000)

# 36" 17-7 PH stainless steel whip

# Frequency range 26 MHz to 30 MHz

# Large 3-1/2" 10 oz magnet

# Available in a black magnet mount version only
# Weather Channel ready

# 1 Year Warranty

What was included in the packaging? Stinger, base w/ coax

What else was purchased to enhance or operate?n/a

Was the equipment modified from stock? trimmed stinger for tuning

Who modified the equipment. me

REVIEW RATINGS:

Overall Rating:4

RX /TX:4.5/4.5

Features:3 (would have liked a removable base)

Ease of Use:4 (nice low profile)

Value:5 ( 29.95 )

Durability: 3.5 ( mast came loose )

Locked Previous topicNext topic