swp/sr RCI 63FFC2

This is an area for posting accurate reviews on products you have used.
(Please read rules and info before posting)

Moderator: JR Moderator

Punkin Head
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: ICOM IC-775DSP
Antenna: Little Tarheel II
Name: Kevin

swp/sr RCI 63FFC2

Post by Punkin Head » Monday, 21 January 2008, 9:27 AM

This is way overdue lol. I got this radio about a year ago from Mike, it is awesome to say the least. I ran it in the truck for a little while and took it out due to antenna and tree issues. BUT this radio is one bad radio. I have not had anyone tell me it sounds bad. Everyone that gives a radio check or hears me talk always keys up to tell me its sounds awesome on their end. on my meter, which is a Autek Research WM 1 Computing Meter I am dead keying about 50 watts and swinging about 230. It has built in talkback that you can turn on and off, also has a volume control for it. rf power, roger beep, 12 bands of channels, thats right it goes from 24.2650 to 29.6550. it is am/fm only but thats ok for me. I just hooked it back up in the house and with 5db of noise in the radio I got a radio check from 10 miles away that I was wall to wall and super loud. This radio is awesome and if you have the chance and dont use sideband and dont want to or cant run a amp, this is a great radio.

Looks of this radio are outstanding, 100% chrome.
Performance is off the charts also. as of yet I have not had a bad report on this radio.
Features, only thing its missing is ssb but I have a uniden grant xl for that lol

Do I recommend it, you bet I do. this is one bad radio.

now when I get my antenna off the porch and up in a tree we can really see what this thing is made of on the base :) my 10 mile radio check was with antenna on porch propped up on house. swr 1.1 so I gave it a shot and was pleasently suprised.

Mike you did a great job on this and I should have posted this along time ago but just now thought about it while on the forum. :oops:

73's yall.
Drake C Line
Little Tarheel II
ICOM IC-775DSP
ICOM IC-746 Pro
ICOM IC-2200H
Baofeng UV-5R
Baofeng UV-3R+

Punkin Head
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: ICOM IC-775DSP
Antenna: Little Tarheel II
Name: Kevin

Post by Punkin Head » Friday, 25 January 2008, 14:19 PM

I just replaced the power supply with one big enough to give this radio full power and WOW it is like a different radio. I got on the radio and was talkin to truckers that were between 10-15 miles away with ease. they were sayin I was blowin their doors off and that it is loud and clear. I had people callin me wantin to know what kind of radio it was so I had to throw that radioactive out there. This radio is awesome no doubts about it.
Drake C Line
Little Tarheel II
ICOM IC-775DSP
ICOM IC-746 Pro
ICOM IC-2200H
Baofeng UV-5R
Baofeng UV-3R+

Locked Previous topicNext topic