Help Identifying Cobra 142 GTL Mods?

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
bliynd
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Help Identifying Cobra 142 GTL Mods?

Post by bliynd »

Hello everyone, my first post here. I've been playing with various CB radios for a while but this is the first CB I've ever had that's been modded. Picked up at auction for 10 bucks. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify what has been done to this and what the 5 switches do? Also added some yellow arrows in the pics to show circuits that have been cut (that I noticed) any help is much appreciated! If more pics are needed please let me know!! Thanks in advance!!

(edited by MDY, removed link, new member must wait before this privilege is available)
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: Help Identifying Cobra 142 GTL Mods?

Post by MDYoungblood »

Hi bliynd,
New members aren't suppose to post pics until their initial time and post count so I had to remove the link, also obscuring a link to make it post is also against the forum rules, might want to read over the rules one more time. Not that being said I did check out the pics, very good BTW.

The set of 4 switches are a channel mod to get frequencies higher and lower than the original 40 channels, you can find a channel chart on CB Tricks or get a frequency counter (better idea). The single switch looks to be a power or swing mod, I think the removed and clipped components are part of that mod.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department