Splicing mics

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
EZ CHOPPER
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Splicing mics

Post by EZ CHOPPER »

Ok you guys will like this one. Is there a way to splice 2 mic together the reason I'm asking cause I have a power mic and a noise cancellation mic. I tried to put them 2 together when I key up it squeals but if I key up with both at the same time works fine. Doing this because when I'm going do the road I don't have to switch mics out. Some times I need the power mic so is there any to have the 2 mic wires hooked together and with one plug I have a 4 pin on my cobra 29 if any info please let me know. thanks
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Re: Hummmm

Post by jessejamesdallas »

Why don't you just get a noise canceling power mic? There's several on the market, one being the Astatic Road Devil...
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

I agree with JJD, I've seen the Road Devil for sale as low as $25 and it works well with Cobra radios. For what your trying to build you will need to add a diode to the grounds, should stop the squealing and both mic's need an open audio on receive. Check out the sponsor sites for the best price.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
EZ CHOPPER
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by EZ CHOPPER »

a guy just showed me one of then its red right I think I was just a power mic could be wrong had a devil on it I know the and a switch on the side of it
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Post by jessejamesdallas »

EZ CHOPPER wrote:a guy just showed me one of then its red right I think I was just a power mic could be wrong had a devil on it I know the and a switch on the side of it
That's it. They use to also come in Black, but for some reason Astatic discontinued the Black version.

If you can find one, the RF Limited Xtreme 2018 hand held Mic not only is it a Power Mic and Noise Canceling Mic, but also has echo...There's switches and knobs on the Mic so you can customize a number of different effects.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
EZ CHOPPER
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Re: Splicing mics

Post by EZ CHOPPER »

gotcha