Repair

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
no1crasher
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Repair

Post by no1crasher »

I'm looking for anyone that will work on radios. Mine has recently stopped modulating and would love to get it fixed. Anywhere I can send it to to get looked at?

(edited by MDY, removed Non Sponsor site)
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: Repair

Post by MDYoungblood »

Hello no1crasher,
Welcome to the forum. Sorry I had to edit your post, the name mentioned is no longer a sponsor and has been out of business for quite a while. I don't know of anyone around your location to take or send it to but maybe another member close knows of a good shop. If you want to mail it out, GI Joe's is a sponsor, he does good work but because of that he is always swamped so it would be a while before getting it back. You can check out the YouTube's too, some of those guys are decent, but be prepared to see it on a video complaining about the original shop's work.
As a new member to the forum could you post an intro in the "Welcome to the forum" topic, http://www.cbradiotalk.com/viewforum.php?f=89 , so others can say "Hi", thanks.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
no1crasher
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by no1crasher »

Thanks, I knew there were out of business that's why I was trying to find someone to work on it. I have been trying for sometime now. Really love the radio and hate to just throw it away.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

I never throw them away, always can use parts radios. What is the make and model, if it's worth making the repairs, maybe someone will work on it for you.

3's

Greg

no1crasher
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by no1crasher »

Connex General Lee. I got in touch with GI Joe's, and the told me if it was more than 7 or 8 yrs old, they wouldn't work on it because it's usually the board breaking down. Not only that, it's about 10 yrs old, probably time to replace.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

I would agree, time for another radio. May as well check out his site, good radios and great prices, yea, I know I sound like a commercial but you can ask anyone here about him.

3's

Greg