Channle

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
EZ CHOPPER
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Channle

Post by EZ CHOPPER »

I have a cobra 29 LTD I'm doing a little project on it would like to put upper and lower channel's in it, does anyone know the easiest or best, cheapest :lol: way to put upper and lower channels in it. Please let me know if anyone has done this with out going through a bunch of stuff to make it happen. If I have to do a bunch of stuff to make it work that's kool to just let me know. Thanks.
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Re: Channle

Post by sonoma »

the only way to get what you are wanting is try to watch for a A+ expo kit or just a plain A kit. I like the A+ better than the plain A kit. just my opinion. also there is another board out and it is called a lescom board. any of the 3 will give you upper and lower channels. the A and A+ kits are no longer made but they do show up on the auction site ever so often.
Chopper you might check out one of the sponsers on the forum and see if they have any thing for channels. the Lescom board is still in production.
you will not be able to jump the PLL to get channels as you can on the 858 and 8719 PLL's

chopper here is a link to the A and A+ install so you can look at what has to be done. most guy's will pull the delta tune out of the 29 radio and put the channel switch in its place.

http://www.cbtricks.com/misce ... bra_29.htm