pc help

Need some help fixing a computer problem, or just want to share a link to a program? Do it hear... From the PC to the CB!!!
bigboy250
Donor
Donor

pc help

Post by bigboy250 »

truned on pc on thursday morning and all kinds of h*** broke out .desktop came up and then it went out and windows secutiy came up with antivirus 2009 and it started to download and that there was a threat to pc and that win32.monster fx was tring to load will it was to late and its on there and so are a whole buch of other ones and it is locking up my pc internet and all web site to go to will not let me says it is a blocked site and then ti locks down and can not do nothing excetp to shut down power to get out. i am using mcafee and it runs a scan on everthing but shows that nothing is wrong and ten i get antivirus 2009 will showup and lock everything down and i get all thes popups come up .it shows that popup blocker is on and working but it is not working .have tried to talk with mcqafee tech and they could not do anything for me unless i pay $89.95 for them to fix it . i told them i paid for your softwhaer once and that was suppose to have proteced my pc and it did not do the job and now you want me to pay you again .so i did not andpc still messed up so if anybody could help i would be greatful i have ran out of things to do? :russian_roulette:
metal695
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by metal695 »

boot you computer in safe mode by pressing F8 repeatedly as it starts up. It will ask you if you want to start with or without networking.pick without networking run your scans and if it dose not fix it you will have to reformat your computer.hope this info helps.
bigboy250
Donor
Donor

pc help

Post by bigboy250 »

i will try that tanks let you know what happends
TwentyTwo-Zero
Donor
Donor

Post by TwentyTwo-Zero »

You do not need to reformat your hard drive. :roll:
Why make more work for yourself then need be?
Download Malwarebytes:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Follow the instructions and do a complete scan...
Save Your Money, Don't Go To The Show
And Don't You Eat That Yellow Snow...Frank Zappa
------------
WR0220 Washington State 38LSB
CPI • Cobra • Icom • Yaesu
NCMidnight

Post by NCMidnight »

TwentyTwo-Zero wrote:You do not need to reformat your hard drive. :roll:
Why make more work for yourself then need be?
Download Malwarebytes:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Follow the instructions and do a complete scan...
22-0 is right unless you've got other issues with your antivirus software Malwarebytes will remove Win32.Monster fx. At least its Mcafee, thats easy enough to fix..Norton would be another story.. If the Malwarebytes doesnt fix the entire problem let us know..

1. Download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware (mbam-setup.exe) and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as “default” only
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
5. Click “Finish.” Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the “Show Results”
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
HI-TECH

Post by HI-TECH »

mosnster.fx is constantly evolving, last infected computer i got with AV09 corrupted ALL downloads and reconfigured the host file along with screwing up all AV progs def. lists, it ended up taking 2 days to fully clean the system and manually going though the registry line by line.
one thing you might wanna try is combofix. if that fails, time to backup what ever you can salvage and format.. spending an hour reformatting and starting from scratch(micro$uck recommends formatting every 6 months anyway) then yanking our hair out for the next few weeks trying to fix the aftermath even if you get it completely out of your system will save you from TONs of stress and frustration.