print shop

Need some help fixing a computer problem, or just want to share a link to a program? Do it hear... From the PC to the CB!!!
lonewolf
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

print shop

Post by lonewolf »

I am trying to instal printshop deluxe version 23. When i put disk in either cd/dvd drive nothing happens at all cant even get anything to come up going to run and put in setup:exe it just says insert disk and the disk is already in. I have windows xp service pack 3 560.50 mb free. Processer 2.00 gig amd athlon xp. And it is compatible with xp. Any idea's why its not working
Stomping the mud ducks in northern Maine 285 standing by.

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
lonewolf
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Re: print shop

Post by lonewolf »

Bump

NCMidnight

Post by NCMidnight »

Try updating your drivers for both drives. Try another CD/dvd/software disk and see if you have the same issue. If you do its probably your drivers or power/Comm. If the drives are not running at all, pop the side off your PC and check the power and Sata/IDE ribbons etc make sure there not pulled loose. If you dont try right clicking and explore the disk insted of opening or running it. You might also check and make sure its the 32bit version and not the 64bit depending on what OS you are using? I dont know if it has any type of intro or media video on it. If that is the case you may try K-lite Codec pack on the DVD side anyway. Just a few things it could be.. If you have the right software for your OS it should be one of these things. Both drives probably wont fail at the same time on there own.

Edit: If all you have is 560mb or free space that could be a problem. Im not sure how large that program installation is but 560mb isnt very much space at all.. Though the disk should still run and give you an error telling you its a space issue.
lonewolf
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by lonewolf »

Thinking the dvd player i had installed a few yrs ago may be out of date as that is where disc is supposed to go. Tried everything i could think of is it possible to get updates for the dvd rom that was installed if so where without buying a newer one.

NCMidnight

Post by NCMidnight »

lonewolf wrote:Thinking the dvd player i had installed a few yrs ago may be out of date as that is where disc is supposed to go. Tried everything i could think of is it possible to get updates for the dvd rom that was installed if so where without buying a newer one.

Sure its possible.. Either do a google search for the DVD drive type(sony DRU-V24A example) You can get this by going to Control panel/system/hardware/device manager/DVD/CD ROM drives. You should get the device info you need from that. After you get the drivers just install them either using the device manager or manually. If you have trouble finding the driver for your drive try here: http://www.driverguide.com/ . Free to register and worth it. Ive been using this site for years on a daily basis. Just a thought but most DVD software is in DVD format because of its size.. 10gig vs 800mb for CD.. Be sure to check the installation size and your free space.

:arrow: azure2 is alot better on the eyes then the white!
lonewolf
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by lonewolf »

Cool thanks learn something new everyday i guess. :cheers: