My Mom died this morning

Tell us what you're doing from day to day. Post your daily notes here about any radio projects that you are working on.
highdrive
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Radio: Cobra 29

Post by highdrive »

My condolences goes out to you and your sister. Keep your head up and remember she is at peace and not suffering. My grandfather also had developed cancer and passed. Even though he is gone...I still have memories that put a smile on my face.
kg95

Post by kg95 »

I am so sorry to hear that bad news my friend, words can almost not express.
Cancer is the new health epidemic.
I have seen 3 family friends succumb to the big C in the past several years.
My girlfriend is a survivor of stage 4 hodgkin's lymphoma
and her mom is now in the hospital with low white cells from the chemotherapy
she is getting after surgery for stomach cancer.
Sorry to hear that about your mom.
ki4ppg
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by ki4ppg »

i too am very sorry to hear of this tragic loss i have been through this 2 times ans as my dad being a preacher all of my life
the words of that god will only puy on you what you can bear was the thing i always go back to

like the others have said take comfort that she is no longer in pain and is in a much better place

also it touched my heart to see the people on here to be such a tightnit closeness

shane KI4PPG
coondog

Post by coondog »

i to would like to say that i"m so very sorry to hear about your dear Mother.lee,you and your dear sister are two great caring people and God loves you both for taking such great care of your Mother.my Mother had cancer also in Kentucky and she held on until myself and my sisters got there.we were with her as long as we could.it was so hard leaving when i looked back and seen her crying.she died the following week with peace in her heart and she so wanted to be with God and my Dad.

God Bless to you lee and God Bless to your sister.
KI4MSJ
Donor
Donor
Handle: Barnstormer
Radio: ICOM 7000

Post by KI4MSJ »

My dad died of Cancer at the young age of 55 just days after I brought his new born Grand-daughter to see him. Although he couldn't move, speak or blink, I new he was happy. So, just wanted to let you know that I know what you're going through. My prayers go out to you and your family
ICOM 7000/7"monitor
YAESU 901DM,FC-901,SP-901P
Multiband Dipole,IMAX 2000
Riff Raff
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by Riff Raff »

Very sorry to here Lee. I'm sure she was happy to have two fine children who obviously cared a great deal. Cancer is the word I hate most in the English language.Hopefully some day we can remove it,God bless.
Tankerdave
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Post by Tankerdave »

Lee, very sorry to hear about your Mother. You and your sister are to be commended for being there for your Mother when she needed you the most. My family's thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this difficult time. Dave
White Lightning
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Antenna: 102' SS Whip
Radio: Cobra 29 LTD Chrome

Post by White Lightning »

Lee I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother I know what you and your sister are going through I went through it 11 years ago when I lost my wife please accept my sincere condolences you both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Clayton/White Lightning
2009 Silverado Ext Cab
Cobra 29 LTD Chrome 102' SS Whip
Grocery Hauler
Donor
Donor

Post by Grocery Hauler »

I am deeply sorry for your loss, Our prayers go out to you and your family.
Brian
Visegrip
Donor
Donor

Post by Visegrip »

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Yall will be in our prayers
djrebel236

Post by djrebel236 »

littlesilver3

Post by littlesilver3 »

you have my deepest sympathies and prayers.
Earp175
Super Mud-Duck
Super Mud-Duck

Post by Earp175 »

Sorry for your loss and my families thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.
QuickSilver 112
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by QuickSilver 112 »

Sorry for your loss my prayers are with u and ur family
BADGER305
Donor
Donor

Post by BADGER305 »

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, may the LORD be with you in these difficult times.
721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW »

Words cannot convey the sorrow I feel for you and your family, only time can heal. May she rest in peace.
lonewolf
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by lonewolf »

Sorry to hear about you loss.
Stomping the mud ducks in northern Maine 285 standing by.

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
Av8r1
Donor
Donor
Radio: Kenwood TS-530s

Post by Av8r1 »

I am very sorry to hear of your Mother, it is always tough to lose a family member,especially your Mom. I too lost my Mom and a wife to cancer.

Try to find comfort in prayer and the Bible.

:cry:
Lost Sheep
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by Lost Sheep »

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Keep your head up buddy!! :wink:
sugarcane

Post by sugarcane »

My respects and condolensense to you and your family. I will say a prayer for you tonight, my friend. Always!

She's in a better place with no pain. We all will meet in the crossroads someday. Take care, my friend!!
PONY EXPRESS
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: GOLDEN EAGLE Mark IV

Prayers

Post by PONY EXPRESS »

Our Prayers go out to you and your family .
Foxhunter
Donor
Donor
Radio: Fisher-Price

Post by Foxhunter »

Thank You so very much for all you posts here I am grateful for everything you guys have said to me and hope that by fate some of you will manage to avoid such circumstances. I am sorry for those who posted who have gone through similar situations and for reminding you of them. And I will hope that for those of you who will have the experience of it all firsthand you will not lose sight of the fact that caring for someone in such a way is the ultimate experience in love and pain. God bless you guys for the things you've said. I thank Craig aka Trouble for his support all-along he's shown via PM he's an exceptional guy. The others who've written I also thank again I never expected it and it really helped to read so many different views on such an important milestone in my life. Thanks-------Lee

PS: Although I have 16 CB/Amateur radio's-----my all-time favorite will be a little Panasonic 23 Channel radio that my Mom bought new, and used for years before giving to me. It was my first CB radio and will be my best "Big" radio
Foxhunter
Donor
Donor
Radio: Fisher-Price

Re: My Mom died this morning

Post by Foxhunter »

Happy Birthday Mom
rbodenbender
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Antenna: K-40 trucker
Radio: Galaxy DX959

Post by rbodenbender »

godspeed.
armrdsaint
Donor
Donor
Handle: Armrdsaint
Antenna: 102'ss
Radio: cobra 29LTD, 29 NW

Post by armrdsaint »

Hello Foxhunter-I'm sad that I just now found this post friend ! years ago last March I too was the "hospice" for my father-in-law with brain cancer. The last few days are the hardest and I did all I could to keep him from hurten so bad. I did the dosen for the pain and everything-hardest thing i've ever done in my life by FAR ! It takes a special person to deal with the END of an others life and I am truly HONORED that "DAD" chose me to help him go to the other side !!! It was awful yet rewarding and cant really explain either. I'm so glad I found Your post and hope You know that I know -alittle -- bout what You went through my friend. He WAS my DAD too since I never knew mine. He gave me all the things that make me a GOOD man and I am VERY grateful to him for that. Thank You for sharing that Foxhunter--Armrdsaint
LOUD-N-PROUD