I want to hand it to Radioactive or mike.

Want to shout someone a friendly 4 n 1. Do it here, and put their name in the hall of fame!
bullet

I want to hand it to Radioactive or mike.

Post by bullet »

I purchased a general Lee a couple of months ago and It was great. Great receive and modulation. I never went to a big town or big road with it. I got great reviews from around home. A very little town in Louisiana. I like the GL so much I wanted another radio with SSB so I looked at mike again. He did not disappoint. I got the SS-158edx and it is great. Again I got great reviews around town, but today I had to go to the big city. It is not that big, but it is at the intersection of I-10 and I49 so allot of big rigs and it is a big oil capital and many radios in the area. There was a driver that asked for a radio check so I gave him a shout back that it was working great. I got damn what kind of radio is that and that is a big radio and so on. I just asked how it was sounding for the hell of it and one guy said unfortunately it is working great and you can be heard for miles. I put a plug for mike at his website and I was not the only one that heard of mike and the swp. I think mike has the best radios in the USA with the SWP. He can't be beat. I would tell everyone to buy form mike and how else can you get a lifetime warranty. Just don't pull the sticker off. If you are on the forum he will give you a great price. So take advantage of the forum. Mike will also talk you though any problem you may have. I got the radio in and I had problems like it had a short. I called mike and he told me it was a short in the coax. I looked at all the coax and could not find it. Then I shuck my watt/ swr meter and it had the short. So he is a troubleshooter on the phone. I will say mike is the greatest in radios. He is nice and stands behind his work and will help even if it is not his equipment causing the problem.
Thanks Mike :lol:
Again thank mike.
montecarlossfan
Donor
Donor

Post by montecarlossfan »

Yeah Mike def does good work from what i can tell...I'm just waiting for my 158edx..the wait is killing me haha
bullet

Post by bullet »

It is worth the wait. I have pll. getting mad due to the power and modulation I have. They were trying to key over me and it could not be done. I run a little heat on the side, so that helps. But the modulation and swing is all Mikes doing. I don't regret one penny of the cost of both radios. I may purchase more in the future. He has hooked me on his radios and where else can you get a warranty like that.
J-570

Post by J-570 »

My tech has a lifetime warranty....
bullet

Post by bullet »

Must be mike.LOL
J-570

Post by J-570 »

bullet wrote:Must be mike.LOL
Nope, I wont say who he is because he's not a sponsor here and I'll get slapped on the wrist. But there are other shops that actually warranty their work out there.
Duck Commander

Post by Duck Commander »

not knocking any shop but this is true if you will just ask most shops out there do offer lifetime warranty on their work not the radio the work they do or modifications and there isnt any shop that warranties the radio from malfunction for life or that i know of :wink:
crazytruker

Post by crazytruker »

J-570. You wouldn't be talking about the shop at I80 and SR8 in Barkeyville would ya??
J-570

Post by J-570 »

crazytruker wrote:J-570. You wouldn't be talking about the shop at I80 and SR8 in Barkeyville would ya??
Nope, my guy is from South Jersey. He runs a shop out of his house and does it in his spare time.
626s

Post by 626s »

That is so true.
joekillowatt
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Radio: RCI-2995DX

Re: I want to hand it to Radioactive or mike.

Post by joekillowatt »

bullet wrote: I purchased a general Lee a couple of months ago and It was great. Great receive and modulation. I never went to a big town or big road with it. I got great reviews from around home. A very little town in Louisiana. I like the GL so much I wanted another radio with SSB so I looked at mike again. He did not disappoint. I got the SS-158edx and it is great. Again I got great reviews around town, but today I had to go to the big city. It is not that big, but it is at the intersection of I-10 and I49 so allot of big rigs and it is a big oil capital and many radios in the area. There was a driver that asked for a radio check so I gave him a shout back that it was working great. I got damn what kind of radio is that and that is a big radio and so on. I just asked how it was sounding for the hell of it and one guy said unfortunately it is working great and you can be heard for miles. I put a plug for mike at his website and I was not the only one that heard of mike and the swp. I think mike has the best radios in the USA with the SWP. He can't be beat. I would tell everyone to buy form mike and how else can you get a lifetime warranty. Just don't pull the sticker off. If you are on the forum he will give you a great price. So take advantage of the forum. Mike will also talk you though any problem you may have. I got the radio in and I had problems like it had a short. I called mike and he told me it was a short in the coax. I looked at all the coax and could not find it. Then I shuck my watt/ swr meter and it had the short. So he is a troubleshooter on the phone. I will say mike is the greatest in radios. He is nice and stands behind his work and will help even if it is not his equipment causing the problem.
Thanks Mike :lol:
Again thank mike.

hey bullet give me a shout sometimes,,,,,,mark,,slidell louisiana
Image some pics from work
silverstreak
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Handle: silver streak
Radio: Galaxy,Ranger,Cobra

Post by silverstreak »

What makes me laugh is these Shops one by me says they Warranty their work for life.Well wow that really helps if the finals go out the channel selector goes out or anything else goes out.The guy by me volts the finals and puts a diode off of the regulator and thats what is for life well let me think about this the chances of the wire falling off were he volts the finals is slim to none the chances of the diode falling off were he puts it off of the Regulator is slim to none so you have a life time warranty thats a joke.Now if the finals blow from being volted nope not covered Tech didnt do that wasnt part of his work not coverd.Regulator goes out nope not part of the work he did.Channel selctor goes,RX goes,not coverd Tech did nothing to that part of the radio.To me its a great sale scam sounds like the whole radio is coverd.I for one never have seen a shop that would cover 100% of the radio after they work on it.If a Shop says they do you better get it in writing.The best Warranty is from Galaxy they cover the radio for I think two years 100% you just pay shipping to the place they tell you.But the catch is you better call them and ask them if the shop that is tuning your radio is voiding their Warranty because thay have a list of shops that they wont Warranty after they hack the radio.Just my two cents and to help the new guys out that dont know any better.
All radios tuned by the best me.
joekillowatt
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Radio: RCI-2995DX

Post by joekillowatt »

silverstreak wrote:What makes me laugh is these Shops one by me says they Warranty their work for life.Well wow that really helps if the finals go out the channel selector goes out or anything else goes out.The guy by me volts the finals and puts a diode off of the regulator and thats what is for life well let me think about this the chances of the wire falling off were he volts the finals is slim to none the chances of the diode falling off were he puts it off of the Regulator is slim to none so you have a life time warranty thats a joke.Now if the finals blow from being volted nope not covered Tech didnt do that wasnt part of his work not coverd.Regulator goes out nope not part of the work he did.Channel selctor goes,RX goes,not coverd Tech did nothing to that part of the radio.To me its a great sale scam sounds like the whole radio is coverd.I for one never have seen a shop that would cover 100% of the radio after they work on it.If a Shop says they do you better get it in writing.The best Warranty is from Galaxy they cover the radio for I think two years 100% you just pay shipping to the place they tell you.But the catch is you better call them and ask them if the shop that is tuning your radio is voiding their Warranty because thay have a list of shops that they wont Warranty after they hack the radio.Just my two cents and to help the new guys out that dont know any better.

Well what you do is sit on ya rig for 2 yrs with no 11 meter,,,,,then do the mods---as simple as that
Image some pics from work
silverstreak
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by silverstreak »

No Galaxy knows you will convert it.I was talking about some shops just hack the heck out of the radio when they try to peak and tune it like the Shop near me.If a Shop aligns and gives the radio the right Tune Up Galaxy has no problems with that.Like I said best thing to do is call Galaxy,Ranger,Or Connex and ask them about the Shop your going to use these places are alot nicer and more helpfull than most people think.I had a problem with a Galaxy Radio out of Warranty the Lady at Galaxy who took my phone call asked me what is the best time for their Tech to call me and I gave her a day and time frame the Tech called me stayed on the phone with me for over 45 minutes and had me do some voltgae checks and found the problem.The guy was very nice I never thought they would give that kind of support after a radio was out of Warranty.The Tech even offerd to send me the part free if I didnt have it wich was just a simple diode.I asked the Tech why this guy by me is doing these things to the radios.The Tech replied the person working on radios at that Shop has no idea what they are doing and the high wattage peak you are seeing is Harmonics makes it look like your doing so much PEP but your really not on 27MHZ put that radio on a Scope and see really whats it doing your going to want your money back from the Shop that Tuned it.
721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW »

I had a problem with a new Sparky tuned Galaxy 2547 a few years ago, he put me in touch with Galaxy so the warranty would handle the repair. The Galaxy tech was great and had no problems with Sparkys tune. The radio was repaired free of charge.
silverstreak
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by silverstreak »

See Sparky must be a good Shop .Galaxy had no problem with the Tune on the radio.Thats what I was trying to explain as long as the radio isnt hacked to death Galaxy will hold up their Warranty.
rush2112
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

Post by rush2112 »

sparky is the man, best out there in my opinion... :r&r:
Rare Breed
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Handle: Rare Breed
Call Sign: KJ4YVZ
Antenna: 102"
Radio: Galaxy 98vhp

Post by Rare Breed »

rush2112 wrote:sparky is the man, best out there in my opinion... :r&r:
x2
94hp Sparkified
102"
murdoc
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Handle: Murdoc313
Antenna: Mr. Coily
Radio: Connex, RCI, Galaxy

Post by murdoc »

silverstreak wrote:What makes me laugh is these Shops one by me says they Warranty their work for life.Well wow that really helps if the finals go out the channel selector goes out or anything else goes out.The guy by me volts the finals and puts a diode off of the regulator and thats what is for life well let me think about this the chances of the wire falling off were he volts the finals is slim to none the chances of the diode falling off were he puts it off of the Regulator is slim to none so you have a life time warranty thats a joke.Now if the finals blow from being volted nope not covered Tech didnt do that wasnt part of his work not coverd.Regulator goes out nope not part of the work he did.Channel selctor goes,RX goes,not coverd Tech did nothing to that part of the radio.To me its a great sale scam sounds like the whole radio is coverd.I for one never have seen a shop that would cover 100% of the radio after they work on it.If a Shop says they do you better get it in writing.The best Warranty is from Galaxy they cover the radio for I think two years 100% you just pay shipping to the place they tell you.But the catch is you better call them and ask them if the shop that is tuning your radio is voiding their Warranty because thay have a list of shops that they wont Warranty after they hack the radio.Just my two cents and to help the new guys out that dont know any better.
So, silverstreak, are you attempting to warn us that Radioactive will not stand behind the lifetime warranty offered??? Sounds like it to me... And if that is the case, why not just come out and say it??? If in fact this is what you are trying to say, I for one will beg to differ and know that I most certainly do NOT stand alone...

Mike is the-man and radioactive is his plan and my radio tech of choice hands down, all day long!!!!

Murdoc
silverstreak
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by silverstreak »

No not at all I have no idea about that company.I never do CB Radio Shopping over the net if I cant go to the Tech and see whats going on I dont go,Just my personal thing.If you read my post I was Talking about a Tech by me that claims a lifetime warranty on the radio but it only covers the work he does.Lets make this very clear THE TECH BY ME,has nothing to do with any sponsors on the Forum never delt with any of them no need to.I am old school I like to support the little guys and there is a very good shop by me run by a Husband and Wife.So Murdoc read my post before replying I said nothing about any Sponsors from this Forum.
murdoc
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by murdoc »

silverstreak wrote:So Murdoc read my post before replying I said nothing about any Sponsors from this Forum.
I did read your post'S, all of them and they sounded suggestive, especially considering you posted under the topic: "I want to hand it to Radioactive or Mike" that is why I replied as such...

My appology Silverstreak, now I understand what you were saying, perhaps I am jelous that you have a place you can walk into and walk out satisfied, my neck of the woods, no such thing, unless you are looking to get your pockets emptied and take it through the pants dry, if ya know what I mean.. Sorry again..

Murdoc
silverstreak
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by silverstreak »

Hey no problem Murdoc,I was really just replying to J-570 and Duck Commander and no other post.Yes its hard to find a good Shop you can go to and last time I was talking with them they were talking about closing Shop and just relaxing in the Golden Years.I just use them for Tube stuff the guy is very good anything Tube.I can handle all the new stuff just never got into the Tube stuff to many Volts for me,lol.Have a good weekend Murdoc 73s
murdoc
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by murdoc »

Hey, right back at ya silverstreak, enjoy your weekend as well, thanks

Murdoc