SKULLCRACKA AMP

This is the forum for asking questions about linear amplifiers or power supplies.
WESTGATE
Donor
Donor
Handle: WESTGATE

SKULLCRACKA AMP

Post by WESTGATE »

what ya'll know bout these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Skullcrac ... 1c1ab7beec

im considering placing a bid for it
The more watts you swing, the more people you bring. BREAK!
nutcracker
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Radio: Plastic

Re: SKULLCRACKA AMP

Post by nutcracker »

I thought nobody would notice LOL, theres actually 2 on there.
WESTGATE
Donor
Donor

Post by WESTGATE »

yea, i saw the one with 2290's
nutcracker
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Radio: Plastic

Post by nutcracker »

Guess I didnt read it close enough, I was wondering why one was rater 100w's higher than the other lol.

Post by 51 »

that eBay lister is an idiot for dropping names though. especially on eBay where all those looser wanna be FCC hams can see it. dudes gonna get prime red flagged.
WESTGATE
Donor
Donor

Post by WESTGATE »

yea i didnt think about that...that does suck though....other than that....who thinks this is a good deal? or who knows what about these amps?

Post by 51 »

that depends how badly you want one? are they quality built, yes, are they worth an arm and a leg, no. some people will pay anything to have one cause they are built by a celebrity, Anthony aka prime minister aka sir mix alot and so on and so on, and they can say i got a prime built. bottom line is they are a good amp built by a celebrity so i think they are worth more based on who built them rather than the build quality, also he doesn't make a whole bunch of em. but they do walk and talk man, after all he doesn't call it a skull cracka for nothing! personally i would pick one up based on both reasons. it would be pretty cool to have a prime built box, i would want a bigger one though...
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Post by jessejamesdallas »

WESTGATE wrote:yea i didnt think about that...that does suck though....other than that....who thinks this is a good deal? or who knows what about these amps?
Skullcracka Amps are built by Prime Minista (also known by his "RAP" name of Sir Mix-a-Lot...Check him out on YouTube)

Built over in sunny California. If you ever get on channel 28 when DX is rolling and hear 4040 in San Francisco, he talks on Skullcracka Amps...although his have a few more pills than what that one on eBay has! :mrgreen:

Very good box's...If I were looking for a 2-pill, I would jump all over this thing...And i would also hurry before someone wakes the eBay Police up!

Also if your interested, I would try and contact the seller and get a email address just in case the ebay Police pulls the ad before it's up.

FYI...Prime Minista did a commercial last year for Burger King...think it's on YouTube too...same guy.

Prime Minista
[youtube][/youtube]
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
WESTGATE
Donor
Donor

Post by WESTGATE »

jessejamesdallas wrote:
WESTGATE wrote:yea i didnt think about that...that does suck though....other than that....who thinks this is a good deal? or who knows what about these amps?
Skullcracka Amps are built by Prime Minista (also known by his "RAP" name of Sir Mix-a-Lot...Check him out on YouTube)

Built over in sunny California. If you ever get on channel 28 when DX is rolling and hear 4040 in San Francisco, he talks on Skullcracka Amps...although his have a few more pills than what that one on eBay has! :mrgreen:

Very good box's...If I were looking for a 2-pill, I would jump all over this thing...And i would also hurry before someone wakes the eBay Police up!

Also if your interested, I would try and contact the seller and get a email address just in case the ebay Police pulls the ad before it's up.

FYI...Prime Minista did a commercial last year for Burger King...think it's on YouTube too...same guy.

Prime Minista
[youtube][/youtube]
is it the same guy that sang"i like big butts" ? holy crap.....

Post by 51 »

hahaha yea dude same guy. his name is Anthony ray and he lives in WA. he's on the bowl all the time and on pal talk almost every day. he builds giant ac tube boxes now and he even has a live cam showing him building boxes in his shop sometimes. get on paltalk if you wanna talk to him, or the radio of course. here is a pic of one of his ac boxes and one box he had built for him by an rf engineer (the bigger one). i think that's the one he is running now. these shots are at his house.

WESTGATE
Donor
Donor

Post by WESTGATE »

dam someone bid on it!!!
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor

30 min. left! And still under $200....These usually go for around $250! I can't believe this thing is still under $200 and only 3 bids...Unreal....

And less than 30 min. left on his other Skull, minimum bid is $100, and NO ONE HAS BID! "UNBELIEVABLE!"
http://cgi.ebay.com/Skullcrac ... 1c1ab7b928
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
WESTGATE
Donor
Donor

Post by WESTGATE »

jessejamesdallas wrote:30 min. left! And still under $200....These usually go for around $250! I can't believe this thing is still under $200 and only 3 bids...Unreal....

And less than 30 min. left on his other Skull, minimum bid is $100, and NO ONE HAS BID! "UNBELIEVABLE!"
looks like i won a 2 pill skullcracka for $182.50 , hope it works well and hasnt been fooled with
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor

WESTGATE wrote:
jessejamesdallas wrote:30 min. left! And still under $200....These usually go for around $250! I can't believe this thing is still under $200 and only 3 bids...Unreal....

looks like i won a 2 pill skullcracka for $182.50 , hope it works well and hasnt been fooled with
Glad you decided to bid! You stole that box dude...I almost bid on the other one, just to re-sell it...No one bid on it. I'm sure it will get reposted tho.
WESTGATE
Donor
Donor

Post by WESTGATE »

jessejamesdallas wrote:
WESTGATE wrote:

Glad you decided to bid! You stole that box dude...I almost bid on the other one, just to re-sell it...No one bid on it. I'm sure it will get reposted tho.
yea dude, now that i think about it i should have gotten the other one for 100$ ....thats friggin cheap....i should have...or i could just contact the seller and tell them to ship them both..lol i will let you know wussup on here cause i dont really want the little box for myself.did those skullcrackas with 2290's have the fan on the top of the box or was it modified with it?
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor

They come with the fan...Depending on when it was built, some have the fan on the inside of the Box like the one you bought, others have it on the outside...There's a guy down in Houston that has a 24 pill Skull, and it has the fans on the outside.

I'll bet if you contact the seller, he will sell you the other one at $100...specially since he took a beating on the one he sold you already. :mrgreen:
WESTGATE
Donor
Donor

Post by WESTGATE »

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-pill-mo ... 1c1accacaf up to 120$ with a day left to go...i guess for 180$ for the bigger one i got was a steal
Manonthe
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by Manonthe »

Charlie at amp systems makes all of the tube amps
Shotgun Messiah
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

Post by Shotgun Messiah »

skullcracka1.JPG
here is the one I got from Prime back in the day, old thread I know but here it is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WESTGATE
Donor
Donor

Post by WESTGATE »

Shotgun Messiah wrote: January 4th, 2017, 10:45 am skullcracka1.JPG

here is the one I got from Prime back in the day, old thread I know but here it is
Thats a nice amp man! she run?
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor

WESTGATE wrote: February 8th, 2018, 4:25 pm

You still have the one you bought back in 2011?
WESTGATE
Donor
Donor

Post by WESTGATE »

jessejamesdallas wrote: February 8th, 2018, 5:21 pm
WESTGATE wrote: February 8th, 2018, 4:25 pm

You still have the one you bought back in 2011?

i sure dont man, I dont even remember what i did with it...i do remember the thing had some wicked reflected power at the input and just couldnt find a good match. I remember trying to get a hold of Joker to see if it was workable but no dice.
LadyMermaid
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Handle: Mermaid
Antenna: 6 element
Radio: Cobra

Post by LadyMermaid »

51 put all of Prime's personal info on here. Glad you don't know anything about me.