Re doing the mobile install

Tell us what you're doing from day to day. Post your daily notes here about any radio projects that you are working on.
DanTaylor
Donor
Donor
Radio: Galaxy 959

Re doing the mobile install

Post by DanTaylor »

So have been toying around with a new install on the truck. The last one was hastily thrown together, but it got me up and running. For those that never saw heres a few pics.

Antenna thrown on the side of the bed

The radio mounted on the center cow area off to the side.

That being said I have thought about how to do a better install and came up with some ideas from other members on here. Originally I had planned on a Gunny puck but just cant bring myself to drilling a hole in hte roof of my rig. So then this spawned from talks with a buddy of mine.

Now given that antennas always seem to cause tons of drag we added some extras to it for strength. Well and I run Power Sticks and they are just flat out heavy duty.

Inside I decided to remove part of the dash that is just a cubby hole and mount the radio there. Without a radio.

With radio held in place by hand here's what it'll look like.

I'm going to have to buy a 90 degree elbow for the mic due to lack of space in the hole but it put's the radio right where I want it. The antenna mount will also allow me to run the coax under neath my truck and back through to where its not noticed. Hence be a MUCH cleaner install. The mount also will be coated in bed liner like the bad of my truck and should look clean as can be.

Once funds allow I plan on running a Mr. Coily off the top of that mount and I've also got a kicker thats going underneath the center seat in the truck. =)
WORK TRUCK Galaxy 959 peaked and tweaked with echo
PLAY TRUCK Cobra 29 NWST peaked and tweaked
BASE Uniden Washington with a swing kit and a D-104

Re: Re doing the mobile install

Post by 231 »

Lookin' good Dan. Should work well. :icon_e_wink:
DanTaylor
Donor
Donor
Radio: Galaxy 959

Post by DanTaylor »

Fun with external speakers!!!! Well ok not so much but it's where I'm going to mount the external speaker for easier hearing.

Install is coming along and were getting down to small parts.

Although I am thinking about making some sort of slide mount for the radios to slide in and out as I want to swap them out.
WORK TRUCK Galaxy 959 peaked and tweaked with echo
PLAY TRUCK Cobra 29 NWST peaked and tweaked
BASE Uniden Washington with a swing kit and a D-104
Hondarider
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Handle: Nick
Antenna: A99
Radio: Cobra 29, Royce 632

Post by Hondarider »

Sweet install! Hope you enjoy it.
Have a good one.
Hondarider
Six Liter
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by Six Liter »

Looks really nice man!
Whatever goes around, comes back around.......sooner or later.