vote on shoutbox sound

Here is a great place to start your learning process or for you experts to give advice.

Do you want sound in shoutbox?

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 56

Owner
Owner
Handle: Bozo
Antenna: Monkey Made MM9
Radio: General Lee Radio

vote on shoutbox sound

Post by »

I have changed the shoutbox to include a sound when someone comes into chat, or when new chat is entered into it. Some people can't handle the sound, and so to be fair. I am putting it to a vote...

Donate here

teddybear49d
Donor
Donor
Antenna: Antron 99
Radio: Galaxy DX 2517

Re: vote on shoutbox sound

Post by teddybear49d »

I dont mind the beep at all, but there should be a control so that others that use psk31 or simular programs, would be able to mute it for their transmissions. On another note, the time stamp is a nice feature. However, I think the feature should be shortened to dd/mm/xxxx-00:00 instead of including the day spelled out and month spelled out. If a person cant take XX/XX/XX and know what day or month it is, they shouldnt be on the internet. Just take out what is redundant information! One other thing, when someone types into the shoutbox and hits "submit" why does the screen have to flash and the online list have to completely disappear. This is the most annoying to me and think there should be a way to overcome that small flaw, but then again I liked the text submit box on bottom of the shoutbox and enjoyed the way I could scroll back into time and see what was said earlier, back to the time that I logged in.

Ok - ok,,,,,,, I'm done writing this book now!!!!

[edited to add]
P/S I did find a way to change time stamp in board preference........
Trapper267
Donor
Donor
Handle: Trapper 267
Antenna: Imax 2000
Radio: RCI-2995DX

Post by Trapper267 »

Please don't get me wrong for this comment. It would be nice to keep the beep but to be able to turn it off when psking and gating. My vote is to keep it but be able to shut it off if needed.

C-ya Trapp
My Skype name is ( slingslingbinks )
Pioneer621
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Handle: The field “Handle” must be completed.
Radio: Megaphone

Post by Pioneer621 »

Trying not to be negative, but I don’t like the sound at all, if we have the option to shut it off it would be ok, but I don’t see that. I use my PC for my radios TX audio processing & it’s annoying when I have CBRT up as it comes through my PC speakers. Or if I’m listening to other audio with the PC while reading. I agree with teddybear as well on several points. I know this thread was for sound only, but…

The date stamp is too long & I think post time only would suffice so you can see when the last post was in there. I also preferred the post / submit underneath.

I know you are just trying got make it better, but having used the shoutbox a lot myself in the past, I thought it was great the way it was for what it was used for. For other features like that bring the chat room back that you use to have if people like that.

My 2 cents! :mrgreen:
shaggy7705
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Antenna: 102" SS WHIP
Radio: SuperStar 3900GHP

Post by shaggy7705 »

I agree, I think an option to turn it on and off would be nice. But i dont mind it either way. It lets me know when someone is chiming in or not if i'm viewing other parts of the forum
Shaggy(705)Said that.
73's
Base
Galaxy DX 2517
Golden Eagle D104
2x Pyramid 52psk
Commstar 2xSD1446
Antron 99
Mobile
Superstar 3900GHP/Galaxy Pluto Hybrid
Midnight Special 500 4x2SC2879
102" SS Whip
Astatic 575M6
dirtyjob
Donor
Donor
Handle: dirtyjob
Antenna: Super Penetrator 500
Radio: Many

Post by dirtyjob »

strange i thought it was locked until trapper was nice enough to pass this link on to me, thanks trapper

i myself use headphones all the time when on my pc, so the sound does not affect me one way or the other. :compress:
Browning Golden Eagle Mark IVA - Mark III & Mark II
"LISTEN FOR THE PING"
Kenwood TS-590S - Yaesu FT897D - Kenwood TS-870 - Icom IC-7300
Yaesu FT-101E - Tram D201A - President Lincoln - CP2000
Gizmotchy G-31 Beam
Super Penetrator 500 5/8 Wave
Comet GP9 2 meter/440
"North East Corner Of Massachusetts 613"
CBRT 18204
army1975
Donor
Donor
Handle: Proud American
Antenna: Wilson 5000
Radio: Galaxy DX-979

Post by army1975 »

Throwed me for a loop when I first heard it. Didn't know what was going on. Don't bother me none atall thou. Now I am in the know. :cheers:
CB Handle: PROUD AMERICAN

SEPTEMBER 11, 2001.......Our Loss Will Not Be FORGOTTEN

Veteran: Field Artillery. M40, 155 MM self-propelled howitzer. Bamberg, West Germany, 1975 - 1977.....HOOAH!!
VeeDubTDI
Donor
Donor
Antenna: Sirio Gainmaster
Radio: Galaxy 959, Cobra 29

Post by VeeDubTDI »

I agree with the others - the beep is nice but I'd like a way to mute it when necessary (without muting the entire computer).
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

I always thought it was a good idea, I usually have several tabs going and it lets me know when someone is in the "ShoutBox". A way to turn it on or off could be added but for me it is unnecessary.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
CHOPPERDAVE
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Handle: joeblow
Radio: conex

Post by CHOPPERDAVE »

would be nice if you could be able to post a pic in the shoutbox without having to go back to the forums and clicking on post reply then searching for a file then having to copy and paste it to the room.
I;ve almost posted pics in the forums by mistake lol
as far as sound,
i think the beep we have now is fine, would like the option to be able to turn it off.
Cj1
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Handle: Cj1
Antenna: IMAX 2000
Radio: Roadpro Titan II

Post by Cj1 »

yea having the option to Mute would be nice.. i also run multiple tabs and when i'm listening to music, the Beep is annoying

other than that. i think its ok. just a mute button
122 NYC
Tram D300
Yeticom MK2
Cobra 200
President Lincoln
President HR 2510
Uniden 2830(CS)
RCI 2950/70
LiL Wil
Wilson 5000 Trucker
102" Steel Whip
The Mayor
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by The Mayor »

Well, I'm new here, so I don't think I should count. But if I do, I think you should have a 3rd choice to vote "neutral", opposed to just yes/no. I for one, don't care if you have the tone or not. Some people feel there needs to be a squelch/mute option added. Yes, that seems to be a good idea, then everyone could be in agreeance. Doesn't matter to me, as I have that on my computer to mute everything at once. I also have earbuds that come in handy. Just plug them in, and all volume is directed to them. I just lay them down for unwanted noise/volume, and if I need to start hearing something, I put them in my ears.
But again, I feel I have no vote in this yet, being a newbie. So I vote Neutral.
Drksinner
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER
Radio: Optima MK3 10-12m

Post by Drksinner »

I like the tone. No problems here.
Maryland409
Donor
Donor
Antenna: K40Plus+
Radio: Cobra WX NW ST

Post by Maryland409 »

I love the sound. Let's us know it's you. I need to figure out how to do that one day.