Guess who's back?

If you need help or advice on setting up a mobile, this forum is the perfect place to ask.
Shaft

Guess who's back?

Post by Shaft »

Yeah, that right. Shaft coming to you from the lone star state. I'm about ready to put my P10k on my 2003 Yukon and am possibly considering a new radio. I still have my SWP General Lee which is an awesome radio, but want to consider running something else. I may run an amp too, but at this time don't really know.

So help this retired moderator and suggest a new radio. I usually just stay on 11 meter AM, but would like the ability to play around too.

Shaft
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: Guess who's back?

Post by MDYoungblood »

Yeah,, didn't know you were gone,, it has been a couple of years. Best to give GI Joe's a call and see what he recommends.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Shaft

Post by Shaft »

I've been thinking about the new Cobra 29lx Max. I really like how it can integrate with the iRadar app.

http://www.cobra.com/products ... /29-lx-max
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

Nice radio, I've been watching for Cobra to bring out a new 148 SSB model in the LX series, maybe with the same bells and whistles.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
443 Arizona
Mod Duck
Mod Duck
Handle: Double R
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave

Post by 443 Arizona »

wondered where you had been. :batman:
so, as for the new radio, watching the videos of it makes me wonder if it is any more of a cb than an old one,
i am thinking the oldies are more fun, because of ease of working on, modifications, and acting more like a radio.
of course the new one with all its features can be appreciated. :DJ:
one of the other videos says it is a crap of non QC parts and workmanship,,,, i dont know, i take it with a grain of salt. :ugeek:
maybe it is compared to a old rebuild,,,, :cheers:
so,, i tooo would like to see a SSB model.
but the new stuff is too pricey for me. :puke_l:
specially when i got a working unit already.
now if they come up with a unit that cooks and cleans too, well then,,, :lol: :icon_e_wink: :icon_rolleyes: :dance:
Shaft

Post by Shaft »

I'm a direct dealer for Cedar Electronics (Cobra's parent company) and can buy it for the same price as a distributor. I also have a distributor that sells Texas Star, so I am considering getting one of those.

I wouldn't mind getting my HAM ticket too and running a mobile.