connex cx33hpc1

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
K1zxx
Donor
Donor

connex cx33hpc1

Post by K1zxx »

hello, does anyone have information on the conversion to 11mtrs on the Connex CX33hpc1 ?

the proper way not the one that doesn't work. :-D
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

Remove the speaker side cover to expose the circuit board components. With the knobs to you in the front center of the board is a jumper array of 6 pins, (2 rows of 3 pins). Move the jumper to the back 2 pins, center and right leaving a pin exposed to its left. Take should do it.

3’s

Greg

Post Merge Complete

Added 5 days 1 hour 13 minutes 54 seconds after previous.
???? Did it work, curious mines want to know!

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
K1zxx
Donor
Donor

Post by K1zxx »

thanks for the help 1st of all, it was a beast but I got it, for some reason the 4 times I tried it the radio would not take, it would receive on 11 but would not tx, so I cycled the power several times and said I will give it one more try, so I took the pin plug out and reset it into the specs you sent and whooola it works and works well, I am not sure why it didn't work the 1st 3 times, maybe I may have reversed the pin plug or needed to cycle the power fully disconnecting it from the power source.
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

Glad you got it working, I hear it is a nice radio with excellent receive. A word to the wise, you should always remove any radio from a power source before touching any inside components unless you are using non metallic tools.

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department