galaxy saturn ground issue

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for? Go ahead and post here.
jerseyoutlaw
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

galaxy saturn ground issue

Post by jerseyoutlaw »

hello, I'm trying to repair a galaxy saturn base that someone has screwed up bad, there is a black ground wire coming from point "41" on the slide switch board and I cannot find where its supposed to go from there, the only available schematic is vague with no legend on the tie points,

Donate here

this wire grounds the frequency readout board, hopefully someone has the same radio and can point out the correct place this wire is connected to, chassis ground will work for this wire but I know that's not the correct spot, and if I tie it to other grounds I get counter noise, thanks in advance, hope this isn't to confusing of a question..

Message from moderator Bozo

replaced place with black 🏣 per
jerseyoutlaw wrote: small correction on my post, it should say " Black" wire, not "place" trouble typing this morning...
@jerseyoutlaw

warlock35po
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by warlock35po »

Hello Jesse and welcome.Don't take this to the bank as iam not familiar with that radio but if every thing is working properly personally I would leave it alone.Maybe take a look at CB Tricks.comm or some of the other sites.Regards,Warlock35po
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

I don’t have one to check but I believe there is several jacks going from the front panel to the main board, on the schematic it is vague but should show a group of wires, look for a jack that has a open spot, it possibly goes there.

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department