Floating Donate button Image

New Addition To The Shack! Powerwerx Desktop Switching Power Supply

This is the forum for asking questions about linear amplifiers or power supplies.
De_Wildfire
Donor
Donor

New Addition To The Shack! Powerwerx Desktop Switching Power Supply

Post by De_Wildfire »

I decided to get rid of the DC power strip and get a Powerwerx Desktop Switching PSU with PowerPoles 30Amp - SS-30DV. I like it! Nice, compact and quiet. It has nice real binding posts on the back to hook up three VHF/UHF radios. I decided to ditch the DC power strip and run two HF radios to my Astron continuous power supply plus keep the mobile radios on a separate power supply. It works really well and the Powerwerx has some good weight to it. It will be great for portable operations.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Addition To The Shack! Powerwerx Desktop Switching Power Supply

Post by MDYoungblood »

Powerwerx is a good product, they have a version of the Anderson powerpoles I use.

BTW, have you held MFJ is closing their doors in May?

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
De_Wildfire
Donor
Donor

Re: New Addition To The Shack! Powerwerx Desktop Switching Power Supply

Post by De_Wildfire »

Yes, I heard. I heard the owner turned 80 and wants to retire to spend time with his family. I have a few MJF things over the years and started on a lot of MFJ stuff. The new hams on a budget is going to be hit the hardest. There are a few good items from MFJ in the shack that held up well over the years but as this hobby got older for me, I bought better equipment from other distributers especially after getting an amp. I must say, I will miss MFJ. Ham radio outlet had a lot of MFJ items over the long haul of this hobby.