Gunny Pucks, Risers, and Corona balls

Place any good comments or company referrals here to sponsors or with individuals on the forum selling used equipment.
drdx
Donor
Donor

Gunny Pucks, Risers, and Corona balls

Post by drdx »

Hey folks, I just received my order of items from Gunny. I got a puck mount, a couple of risers, and a corona ball. I'm planning on doing a monster van this spring so I'm gathering the items so I'm ready to throw it all in once I find a van. I know you've probably seen the pics but after having this stuff in my hands I must say it is really nice. The risers are perfect for a 102 inch whip or for a universal threaded shaft extender that will work on anything with standard threads. The puck fits into its backing plate perfectly and all of it is finely machined. There is ZERO chance for error as it fits like a glove and takes the work out of making your own backing plate. I don't think his site's pics do it justice so I thought I'd say it here. Check them out and if you're in the market for a puck I don't think you'll find a better one. This isn't my first puck- I have 2 more- with a few years of using them- and the footprint, design, and quality of this one are all a cut above.

That said, in case you're wondering, I've never even talked to Gunny on the phone, I did pay for the items, so no "silver spoon" snow job review here. I'm just a satisfied customer and like to pass on info when I find a good item.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
Donor
Donor

Re: Gunny Pucks, Risers, and Corona balls

Post by 626 »

Drdx,

Wow man thanks for the post.

I cant wait to see that puck installed on your ride. Please post up pics as soon as you can. Its always nice to get a referral from someone as well respected in our hobby as you are. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance and also know that I stand behind my products one hundred percent.

Thanks again and enjoy your new mount.
Deleted User 14541

Post by Deleted User 14541 »

Those are some nice looking pucks. If I cut a hole in my roof I know what to plug it with. Monster van? You going to use your 16 pill for a driver? :lol:
drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx »

Well, I'm a few months out from the van deal if that comes together but I'll post pics when I do use this thing. I'll be using the risers in a few days.

I'm starting an ice cream truck business on the side for this next summer and the van will also be a fun radio machine.

Hey 543, I figured when I'm ready to do the van you'll be ready to upgrade so you can just drive over and trade me your 8 and some cash and you can take ownership of Tarrant county with this amp deck. Then, I'll try to do something really significant. Wattage isn't everything though, the van's roof will hopefully be a fun antenna test bed, especially if I get one of those really long cargo vans.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
Lost Ram
Donor
Donor

Post by Lost Ram »

I just thought I would say that I have used Gunny's products as well. I have bought a few risers for the 102's, these are top notch quality!!!! More over they WORK. Forget the spring with the braid thing through the center. I can cover about 80+ channels over or under the 11(cb) meter band with out going over 1.5 SWR using Gunny's Riser!! Without going over a 2.0 SWR I can easily get from 25 MHZ to well into the 29 MHZ. I sent him a few pics of this install on a late model Ram, maybe in the future he might post them on his site for all to see his great product. Also do not worry about the shipping time, he is very prompt with getting your purchase out.
Thanks Gunny!
Lost Ram
Kerry
CB: TRC-450, Imax
Ham: FTDX101MP, FT-991A ,FT8900-2 meter crossband rig
Ham Antennas: 570', 500', wire loops, 2M Copper Slim Jim X2, CG-144 mobile
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government. So let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first."
Thomas Jefferson.
Donor
Donor

Post by 626 »

Lost Ram wrote:I just thought I would say that I have used Gunny's products as well. I have bought a few risers for the 102's, these are top notch quality!!!! More over they WORK. Forget the spring with the braid thing through the center. I can cover about 80+ channels over or under the 11(cb) meter band with out going over 1.5 SWR using Gunny's Riser!! Without going over a 2.0 SWR I can easily get from 25 MHZ to well into the 29 MHZ. I sent him a few pics of this install on a late model Ram, maybe in the future he might post them on his site for all to see his great product. Also do not worry about the shipping time, he is very prompt with getting your purchase out.
Thanks Gunny!
Lost Ram
Kerry
Thanks Lost Ram.

Dont worry I will post up some pics. I havent done any changes to the site in several weeks.
Big Hoss
Donor
Donor

Post by Big Hoss »

A van?!?! Oh that's going to be awesome! :r&r:
Handle: Big Hoss
DX #: 2032
Rockin Ray
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Re: **NON-SPONSOR** Pucks, Risers, and Corona balls

Post by Rockin Ray »

I got one of those non sponsor risers and they are really nice.
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by »

HA...

This thread is 3 years old.
Official Moderator - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!

383 Boogieman

Slyguy
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Slyguy »

Yes. I like my Non Sponsor Mount for the Jeep.
Slyguy
Zero Six Three
Sherman Texas

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!