roof mount 5ft firestik options

This forum provides help with antenna installation, as well as guidance on selecting the right antenna for your radio or mobile setup.
cdj85
Super Mud-Duck
Super Mud-Duck

roof mount 5ft firestik options

Post by cdj85 »

I was wondering if how you guys have mounted the firestiks to the roof. I have a 5ft I was thinking of moving from the fender to the roof and wasn't sure if it would be too heavy and tweak the roof metal.

I saw this mount from bulletproof diesel pn 90201131. Has anybody used it before? What are your thoughts?
I have a link to it but not sure if I can post it here.
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

A puck is the best roof mount if you are okay at drilling holes, otherwise a tri-magnet mount will suffice. When using any magnet mounts, you have to keep an eye on where the coax enters the vehicle.
Now for a question back, what type of vehicle is this going on?

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
cdj85
Super Mud-Duck
Super Mud-Duck

Post by cdj85 »

It's going on a 99 F250. I'm not so apposed to cutting a hole in the roof now. Just don't want the roof to get damaged if the weight of the antenna is too much on the highway.
Mentor3006
Donor
Donor

Post by Mentor3006 »

Considering the amount of aerodynamic drag / stress antennas like a Predator 10K apply at highway speeds, I seriously doubt your Firestik would be any worse. Find a way to distribute the stress over a wider area though. The predator guys I know that ran them roof mounted, and one guy that ran a 102 roof mounted all used cast off circular saw blades are basically giant fender washers to mount through. Just make sure you get the right size... . I think they just used the metal and drilled a new hole somehow... Been a very long time sorry...